Our client, a UMA in Johannesburg has a vacancy for a for a Facultative Reinsurance Underwriter in their International Business team. The ideal candidate will be dealing with all business emanating from outside of the African continent, primarily being with the Middle East and Asian markets.
• FAIS accredited
• 5 years + underwriting experience with a commercial, corporate or reinsurance background
• Complete knowledge of Facultative Reinsurance
• Complete knowledge of Asset All Risk Product/Wording
• Self-disciplined, presentable, self-motivated, possess a highly analytical mind and strong underwriting skills.
• Must be able to work and perform well under pressure and tight deadlines
Key Performance Areas
• Negotiate, price and underwrite assigned facultative business, which includes both renewal and new business
• Adhere to pricing and selection standards that support strategic objectives and achieve desired financial goals
• Interact with all functional areas of the company, including but not limited to claims, finance and risk administration to support the department and company objectives
• Build internal and external relationships, to increase the flow of successful submissions and written premium
• Maintain awareness of differing country and regional practices in our chosen territories
• Assist with credit control intervention where required
• Ensure accuracy of all documentation, contract certainty, and company best practice standards are adhered to at all times.