My client operates in more than 150 countries, offering International Industrial Insurance programmes and is looking for an industrious and diligent individual to fill a vacancy for an International Underwriting Assistant in their International Department
My client's International team have an extensive network of overseas offices and the successful incumbent will ensure that all administrative underwriting activities in connection with International programmes are carried out in time and to a high level of quality in respect of all lines of business. (The portfolios are split within the team).
- Responsible for a range of the Underwriting administrative duties within the International Team department, office or stream including but not limited to:
- To ensure that all International Programmes are serviced within the agreed SLA’s from Head Office.
- Checking all renewal and new business instructions from producing offices and brokers to ensure correctness before processing.
- Issuing new and renewal business documentation and dealing with policy amendments.
- Raising credit and debit notes.
- Liaising with brokers and policyholders, handling queries and any other ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Liaising with and assisting the International departments worldwide with queries on all International programmes placements.
- Handling and solving queries from Credit Control department.
- Ensure accuracy of outgoing documentation is up to company standards.
- Facilitating the timeous renewal of policies.
- Preparing the reinsurance documentation.
- Loading of Clients and Processing of Premiums on system accurately.
- Loading the policy documentation on the administration platform.
- Assistance with collection of charges or premiums from clients.
- Acting as resource and technical support specialist on insurance matters.
- Controlling, collecting and maintaining insurance related records and data.
- Keeping abreast of legislative developments.
- Issuing of SASRIA documentation as per broker instructions.
Required Skills and Experience (including qualifications)
- Matric / grade 12 or equivalent.
- Tertiary or Short-term Insurance qualification.
- FAIS accreditation – full qualification and RE 5.
- In depth knowledge of International Programmes.
- Experience in servicing International insurance programmes, as well as experience working in an International department would be advantageous.
- Sound commercial underwriting experience would also be considered.