Relationship Manager - Marine
Join Africa’s leading insurer as a relationship manager in their thriving marine department.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for promoting new and maintaining existing business by serving as a proactive relationship manager for assigned accounts. You will coordinate marketing, sales, and support services for assigned accounts to enhance existing relationships and develop new ones. You will handle enquires from your clients and resolve any issues they may have.
Qualification and Experience
• Matric or equivalent qualification
• FAIS accreditation required
• RE 5
• Minimum of 5 years’ Commercial Marine Insurance experience
• Leadership experience is essential
• Ability to understand client base related requirements and to conceptualise and develop relative support
• Good understanding of value chain in order to implement cost savings and maximise profitability
• Project management skills
• Working knowledge of financial management – accounting - information systems and marketing
• Strong business orientation with commercial and financial skills.
• Computer literate in data manipulation - i.e. Excel as well as technology in general
• Strong networking and relationship-building skills
• Negotiating skills
• Decision making abilities
• Technical claims and underwriting skills
• Risk management
• Strong knowledge of Reinsurance