The COO will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and is responsible for leading the operations function of the organisation and ensuring the successful delivery, management and support of clients’ solutions as well as the underlying infrastructure.
The COO will be expected to provide vision, leadership and operational direction for delivering technology strategies that support business goals. This position has both strategic and functional management responsibility for all aspects of IT infrastructure and operations and manages the delivery of all On-Premise and Cloud based capabilities and solutions
This role will be critical in building and enabling technology platforms to allow the client to adopt a shared services model for service delivery, prior experience in enhancing cloud maturity in infrastructure operations is necessary. This role will be responsible to handle a team of 80+
• Design a long term strategy to ensure the appropriate mix offered for Cloud Services, Managed Services and On-Premise Managed Services and develop and deliver on objectives to achieve that optimal state
• Oversee the development of market and solution requirements for new and existing offerings for Cloud Services, Managed Services and On-Premise Service Delivery
• Assume accountability for the execution and business performance of the solution roadmap
• Direct and lead a team offering a variety of cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS), Managed Service and On-site Managed Service models tailored to specific client operational and business requirements (Cloud, Storage & Backup, Networking, Information Security, Office 365 and IT Service Desk)
• Assume P&L responsibility for the Operations and Delivery group ensuring profitability and optimized performance with managing risks. Controls budgets; ensure financials and staffing levels are in line with approved budget on an ongoing basis
• Drive collaboration with business units to explore the existing installed base and identify any opportunities to migrate customer systems to a Managed Services platform.
• Drive and lead the design, implement & continuous improvement of the Service Management & Service Delivery processes
• Provide Cloud Infrastructure Leadership by assessing the existing adoption of Cloud tools and processes and lead the short term and long-term technology infrastructure strategy.
• Establish standards, policies and procedures for On-Premise and Cloud Infrastructure including governance, automation, networking, hardening, security, billing, managing, and securing environments.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Data driven. Use of data to make decisions and measure effectiveness. Setting measures for success and committed to quantifying impact
• Solid understanding of open source software solutions and Cloud based offerings and services
• Experience in managing Hybrid Cloud Infrastructures
• Experience and understanding of virtualization platforms and technologies both converged and hyper converged including Cisco UCS, Nutanix or similar
• Experience with modern networking / firewall and storage technologies
• Experience with managing infrastructure for SQL and No-SQL Database platforms
• Experience managing Ofice365 and SharePoint environments
• Experience establishing and managing SOC and NOC standards, policies and operating procedures
• Experience managing enterprise scale identity and access management solutions such as Active Directory, Azure AD, and federation with 3rd party IAM for Single Sign On / MFA.
• Strong working experience in the DevOps methodology and Agile Development
• Experience with cost allocation of resources/services in a shared service model.
• Experience in creating disaster recovery plans for both on premise and cloud infrastructures.
• Experience with technical project management is a plus
• Experience of working in a service industry is a plus
• ITIL/ITSM, CISA, CISSP experience/certifications is a plus