Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Client: FMCG / Consumer Goods
As part of an executive management team, the CFO will have interaction with various members of a company, both senior and junior. A CFO job description should include:
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO / Board and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Provide financial leadership.
- Take an active role in the development of the business strategies, plans and budgets.
- Formulation of various systems, policies, procedures, commensurate with the need of the company
- Budgeting, Forecasting, Cost & Credit Control, Margin Analysis, Costing & Profitability Analysis and Management Reporting
- Analyze business performance and provide recommendations for profit maximization and improvement in asset utilization.
- Timely monthly reporting containing insightful supporting analysis on key trends.
- Working with operation teams and provide financial support to their decision making.
- Able to access the working capital requirement and suggest optimum structuring.
- Ensuring about control environment over costs, working capital levels and protection of company assets.
- Improving profitability of the group by focusing on cost controls, increased capacity utilizations, controls on wastages, process setup and controls.
- Developing strong daily MIS in terms of key parameters thereby helping company CEO’s to get better control over business.
- Implementing systems, processes and controls across various verticals.
- Operational Support to the individual Group CEO’s.
- Credit Controls both within the group and outside customers.
- Re-engineering as is required from time to time.
- Tax related matters and compliances.
- New Projects and expansion projects – member and driver along with Project Heads.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong organizational and management skills with track record of managing teams to deliver quality results.
- Sound knowledge of financial and management accounting concepts and previous experience of working with SAP application systems is a MUST.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Excel and Power point.
- Good English oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of International Financial reporting Standards preferred.
- Planning & Organizing
- Leadership skill
- Meeting Commitments
- Eye for details
- Resource Management
- Team Building
- Problem Solving/Analytical Ability
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 15-20 years working experience, with min. 5 years at similar level in a large company under world class systems environment.