Books of Accounts & Document Management
- Periodic review of the trial balance for the regions to ensure compliance with company & generally accepted accounting principles and drive closure of items require attention.
- Complete ownership of Region trial balance.
- Ensure statutory compliance with Zero noncompliance of relevant statute applicable to businessthrough Region Finance Managers.
- Ensuring on time deposit of tax payable (VAT, Sales Tax, C Form, Shops and Establishment fees etc.), correct filing of returns matching with books of accounts, closing tax assessments within a yearthrough Region Finance Manager.
- Implement system of identifying potential tax liability under various statute applicable to factory, its recording and reporting.
- Drive system of collection and safe keeping of EVC, C/F/H/E1 Forms within the statutory time period.
- Ensure timely completion of various audits i.e. statutory, GAAP, tax & internal auditsthrough regional finance manager.
- Monitor implementation of Internal Audit recommendationsand share monthly updates with Zonal Head.
- Ensure adequate insurance cover is taken for all company assets, including cash in hand, lying in Regionwith the help of Region Finance Manager.
- Setting up system of physical asset verification and identifying impairment. Yearly physical verification by Region Finance Manager.
Internal Control & Internal Check
- Complete understanding of internal control policies of the company.
- Educating team & ensure adequate internal control is implemented.
- Exception reporting and initiative to institute compliance.
- Setting up system of internal checks to enable internal control.
- Periodic review to assess implementation of internal process/policies and check. Share report with Region Head and Zonal Head.
- Implementation of credit management policy, monitor credit risk & receivable reporting.
- Credit limit – Setup yearly limits for all customers of the region and periodic review of the same in comparison to business
- Setting up system to eliminate teaming & lading and balance confirmation.
- Ensure reconciling all debtors at least once a year & twice a year for major customer through Region Finance Manager. Drive closure of open claims within a time frame.
- Ensure implementation of system of update recording of customer claim and settling within 15days of receiving the claim.
- Implement continuous System of ensuring that no market commitment is unrecorded in books.
- Drive System of ROI driven margin agreement with distributors for open markets.
- Monthly Overdue tracking and DSO management to ensure take corrective measures to avoid bad / doubtful debts.
- Develop relationship with region heads and sales team to drive receivable agendabuild trust & improved risk visibility.
- Ensure legal back-up for doubtful / bad debts in consultation with Legal team.
- Implement continuous system of Creditors reconciliation at least once a year & twice a year for major Creditor along with balance confirmation.
- Implement continuous system of update recording of creditors claim and settling within 15days of receiving the claim.
- Implement continuous system of ensuring that no supplier commitment is unrecorded in books.
- Review of open POs and drive closure of POs > 90 days.
- End to end control for zonal marketing budget – review of quotes, approval of bills in compliance with process/policies and statutory laws applicable.
Business performance management
- Business performance analysis and reporting.
- Budgeting, Latest Estimates and strategic plan.
- Develop financial metrics to measure performance against plan and strategies.
- Set-up / review breakage monitoring of the regions.
- Analysis of monthly performance for ZH review
- Responding to any query from HO thereon
- Develop financial metrics to measure performance against plan/strategies – which may vary from region to region & monitor the same
- Measuring & analyzing the productivity projects undertaken in the zone
- Complete understanding of RTM for all rate areas of East and taxation impacting product pricing.
- Supervision to keep updated ERP system with any tax change/new tax introduction and its accountingthrough Regional Finance Managers.
- Setting up a system of collection of data, transforming it to information and disseminating it to decision maker.
- Engage with all the stake holders and extract relevant information impacting business & controls and take proactive measure to mitigate the impact.
- Proactively provide quality insight of the financial and strategic implication of business actions/strategy to Zone / Region to enable them to take informed decision.
- Identification and quantification of business risk and opportunities and proactively giving insight to business manager and other stake holders
- Conduct market visits to develop relationship with key customers and improve risk visibility.
- Assist SFC& ZH to Roll out various projects as required across regions.
- Synergies & Standardization - Driving efficiencies & standardization within regions
- Develop people under you to enable smooth change over.
- Identification of Best practice in the zone for implementation across
- Set up baseline delivery expectations & build zero tolerance in core delivery
- Mentor region finance team to enhance their capabilities and strengthen core delivery
- Provide guidance to enable them resolve issues faced by them and
- Provide timely feedback to team to ensure motivation and quick rectification
INTERNALLY (mention role):
- HO Plannning
- HO Control finance
- HO Sales Finance
- Zonal Analyst
- Zonal Head
- Region team
- Zonal team
- Legal team
EXTERNALLY (mention role):
- Local sales tax authorities
- Internal & Statutory auditors
- Excise & other statutory authorities
- CA with minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing / sales organization.
- Preferably with FMCG in industry,
- Minimum of four years prior Sales finance experience preferably in distributor & wholesale environment
- Not open to applicants with only Audit experience or KPO background.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS (Both essential & desirable):
- Well versed with Excel and Power point.
- Basic operational knowledge on ERP will be preferred
BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS (Both essential & desirable):
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good at coordination and multitasking
- Self starter
- Good team player with business acumen and leadership skills
- Team Management