Our client is an international logistics organisation who is presently looking for an experienced Logistics/Warehouse Manager for their subsidiary in Leicester. This is an exciting role in a growing organisation and will give the successful individual great opportunities for the future. Due to the dynamics of the role additional language skills will be needed and are looking for managers that speak Mandarin or Cantonese as well as English.
- The inbound Supervisor is responsible for the day-today operations of the outbound department. Responsibilities include staffing, training, safety, scheduling, receiving, put-away, replenishment, RMA, inventory & loss prevention.
- The inbound supervisor is a role model and leader and must solve problems, make informed decisions and management department wisely in order to achieve maximum results.
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing the performance of inbound department members.
- Train, coach and manage all inbound associates in all policies and procedures of the company.
- Maintain employee shift schedules and improve employee vacation requests. Monitor, review time clock entries pertaining to payroll, breaks and lunches.
- Create, monitor continuous improvement of the inbound operations.
- Establish & Maintain metrics for department and provide frequent communications and feedback to team members.
- Maintain orderly and neat inbound areas.
- Help solve problems and make informed decisions that affect the service and productivity of the outbound departments.
- Communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material and provide instructions to all associates.
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast paced environment
- Any other tasks as assigned form time to time.
Knowledge & Skills required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual language skills – English & Mandarin/Cantonese)
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience or demonstrated supervisory skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, excel and Oracle required
- Knowledge and experience of all outbound functions, packing ,materials
- Strong organisations and time management experience
- Strong and effective communications skills both written and verbal.