(R&D) Senior Manager
Innovative company part of an international group with operations in Lisbon (Portugal) is looking for a R&D Senior Manager to lead a group of software developers and engineers working in the field of Robotics with exciting projects.
- Manage a team of 20 highly skilled robotics software developers
- General availability
- Plan development timeline according to requirements from various stakeholders
- Deliver mission critical products on time and budget
- Deliver weekly progress reports to management
- Implement best software practices of advanced control methods for autonomous robots using ROS, algorithms for vision, localization, navigation, grasping and learning
- Hardware/Software integration - Integrate robotics with associated peripherals, controllers or other equipment
- Implement QA methodologies involving software running continuously on real robots
- Code style / Code documentation and managing an impeccable User manual
- Take part in Patents registry
- Interview and recruit developers continuously
- Experience as team manager of at least 15 people over the last 3 years, with direct reporting to CEO or CTO.
- MUST have strong Python or C++ knowledge, advanced Linux
- Strong knowledge in OOP / Architecture
- Strong knowledge in QA tools, such as Unittest / Regression testing
- Strong knowledge in SCRUM
- Strong knowledge of JIRA or equivalent
- Experience in delivery projects under short-term schedule and addressing clients’ needs.
- Experience in updating versions at clients’ sites
- Experience in working with real-time systems, networking, data acquisition, motor control, variety of sensors, numerical methods and knowledge of algorithms in vision and optimization
- Masters / PhD in computer science / electrical engineering / robotics / similar field with a background in Critical Systems Industry.
We offer a position in a highly motivated multidisciplinary team.
A competitive full-time payment negotiable based on experience;
Plenty of opportunity for growth, learn and development
We will only consider apllications that have 10 years C++/Python/Linux experience and at least 5 years experience in managing software development teams.
- Computer Software
- Industrial Automation