Job Title: Assistant Manager, Restructuring – Turnaround, Transformation & Liquidity (Big 4 Opportunity)
Country: United Kingdom
Function: Deal Advisory
Service Line: Deal Advisory Central
Why this opportunity?
At my client, their values define who they are and the way they do business. As a leading professional services firm, they know that their strength and capability come from their people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From their inclusive leadership strategy to their diversity and inclusion targets – they’re making bold changes to who they are and what they do. Be part of it.
My client’s Turnaround, Transformation & Liquidity Group are expanding their team following a period of sustained growth. The recent expansion of the Senior Team has created an opportunity for a number of Assistant Managers to support the next phase of planned growth.
The team is made up of approximately 60 people, led by a team of seven partners and 13 directors, who are looking to enhance the delivery capability in order to support the next phase of growth.
The team focuses on company side advisory and implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations depending on client demand.
My client is looking to recruit a number of Assistant Managers (qualified ACA / ACCA) to join the team based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand. The role will involve working across all product types highlighted above, applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types
- Work alongside client teams (including executives), identifying, planning and implementing business improvement ideas
- Undertaking of detailed supporting analysis required to present robust advice to client teams
- Managing sector specific research alongside client work when possible, in order to form views of market trends and assist in generating / identify sales opportunities
- Supporting preparation of pitch packs with senior team members and co-ordinating cross firm input
Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualified ACA / ACCA
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’
- Desire to build advisory skillset and develop knowledge of the turnaround service capabilities
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. It should also be noted that this is often in stressed situations given the financial challenges of the organisations.
- Knowledge of the wider firm and services (to support cross functional teams).
- Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting.
- A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
If you are really excited about this role and believe it can be a good fit with your previous profile and experience, please send an email with a cover letter and CV attached to NAkram@antal.com.