Function: Deal Advisory
Service Line: Strategy
My client’s Strategy and Transactions Modelling team is seeking an exceptional candidate to join their London based team.
Working as part of this well-established modelling team within Deal Advisory; you will be working through complex and challenging issues facing clients today.
As part of the modelling team, you’ll have the opportunity to offer advice on business and operating models to our corporate and private equity clients from both an organic and transaction perspective. You’ll manage, deliver and review a wide range of modelling engagements supporting our clients in making critical business decisions. You will also have the opportunity to grow our market presence and lead in the winning of work.
The job includes acting as day to day lead of multiple engagements, providing analysis and modelling to support the following initiatives:
- Deal strategy – Mergers and acquisitions, JVs, Carve outs or divestments
- Strategic options and business planning
- Restructuring – corporate or financial
- Portfolio analysis – Pricing & profitability modelling/Performance modelling
- Bid support and execution – Bid modelling/Bid Strategy
My client operates across all industry sectors and you will experience a wide variety of clients.
My client’s projects are challenging and often time pressured and will in some cases involve working in large multi-disciplinary project teams.
Working as an Associate Director in a modelling team you will:
- Lead on a day to day basis multiple project teams both in the office and on client site
- Scope, design and develop complex business models
- Manage effectively to project teams and take responsibility for completing work of appropriate quality within agreed timescales
- Liaise effectively with client senior staff; maintain contact with key client staff once a project is complete
- Lead business development initiatives and be an integral part of the sales team
- Contribute to business strategy and where the opportunities are for growth
- Lead the development of the team and our propositions; organise/ guide training and development of team
The Individual (Qualifications and Experience):
Work experience requirement:
- Experience working either with a modelling team in a big 4 firm or a top tier strategy house or alternatively in a central modelling, performance improvement or planning team within corporate or public sector
- Proven ability to scope, design and deliver complex projects
- Proven experience of leading teams and undertaking client facing roles with high quality deliverables
- Proven ability to achieve and manage client expectations
- Wide industry exposure with a depth of knowledge in one or two specific sectors
- Proven experience of delivering commercial and financial advice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to explain technical issues to a non- technical audience
- Sound understanding of risk management in professional services environment
- Sound financial knowledge (although an accountancy qualification is not a prerequisite)
Business development experience:
- Demonstrate ability to operate across the full lifecycle of a business development, including; identifying the opportunity, shaping it with the client, developing the proposal/commercials /scope and then closing the deal
- Demonstrable ability of building client relationships
The following experience and qualifications would also be desirable:
- An accountancy qualification
- An established network of clients, origination abilities
- Visual Basic for Applications
If you are really excited about this role and believe it can be a good fit with your previous profile and experience, please send an email with a cover letter and CV attached to NAkram@antal.com.