Job Title: Associate Director - Transaction Services, FS -Investment Management (Big 4 Opportunity)
Country: United Kingdom
Function: Deal Advisory
Service Line: Transaction Services
Service Line Information: My client’s Transactions and Restructuring group is focused on continually enhancing value for their clients across the deal and economic cycle. My client’s teams comprise of specialists capable of helping clients right through from conceptual thinking of buying a business to turning their business around in times of difficulty.
Why this opportunity?
At my client, their values define who they are and the way they do business. As a leading professional services firm, they know that their strength and capability come from their people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From their inclusive leadership strategy to their diversity and inclusion targets – they’re making bold changes to who they are and what they do. Be part of it.
Are you looking for an exciting career in a rapidly growing team at my client? Do you want to work in a lively and energetic team where you will have the opportunity to advise some of the world’s largest Financial Services clients during strategic business transactions? Do you have extensive experience in the Investment Management Sector and/or extensive experience of delivering Transaction Services projects?
If so, then you should consider a career within the Financial Services Transaction Services Team at my client.
My client’s Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to their market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with their clients across the economic and transaction cycle.
Within this structure, the Financial Services Transaction Services (FS TS) team comprises 42 professionals focused on Banking, Insurance and Investment Management deals.
They provide M&A advice and assistance to financial services clients of every size, and help them to deliver successful transactions. They focus on acquisitions, disposals, public bids/mergers, joint ventures, buy-outs, initial public offerings (IPOs), market entry, financing and other transactions. They identify, structure and execute all manner of public and private market transactions, and provide support from initial analysis of strategic options and deal evaluation through to completion. They help their clients to identify upside opportunities and risks in their transactions and also assist as Reporting Accountants during Capital Markets processes to satisfy the due diligence requirements of underwriting investment banks.
My client is driven by a passion to help their clients to execute transactions efficiently and maximise value.
Their team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of their One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions currently taking place in the market my client is rapidly expanding the size of their team and have a need to recruit an Associate Director to focus on the Investment Management market in order support the growth of their FS TS business. Specific experience of financial due diligence and/or capital markets reporting will be highly regarded, but they would be open to receiving applications from exceptional staff who have the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills or market skills.
Key roles and responsibility:
Associate Director appointments are made on the basis of demonstrated track record. As engagement managers, Associate Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice:
- Engagement management: individuals will be required to structure and lead multiple large, complex workstreams in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments.
- Business development: individuals will be required to build, commercialise and sustain relationships with management team members for the benefit of the Firm. Individuals will be required to develop FS-TS propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients.
- Risk management: individuals will be required to identify and manage risks, ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
- Developing People: individuals will need to identify team member development needs and accelerate development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer. They will act as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm.
- Delivering quality services: individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
- Advisory Skills: individuals will use their extensive skills and experience to provide advice as a trusted adviser.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA.
- Extensive experience of managing transaction related engagements and/or complex financial sector audits, preferably with a significant proportion of this experience within the Investment Management sector.
- Strong personal impact and self-awareness
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
- Evidence of working successfully with top management teams at clients.
- The ability to lead and operate in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams.
- It is expected that successful candidates would have either significant Investment Management experience and the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills, or to have significant transaction services experience and the ability to apply this in a new sector.
If you are really excited about this role and believe it can be a good fit with your previous profile and experience, please send an email with a cover letter and CV attached to NAkram@antal.com.