Function: Deal Advisory
Service Line: Strategy Group
Service Line Information:
Working as part of this dedicated and newly formed Strategy Group, you will be working through complex and challenging issues facing clients today. You’ll have the opportunity to offer strategic advice on business and operating models across the economic cycle from both an organic and transaction perspective. It’s an exciting time to join this team as my client accelerate momentum and growth in their priority sectors and clients with their dedicated strategy practitioners working together, sharing ideas and creating innovative, market leading solutions for their clients.
Why this opportunity?
The Telecoms, Media & Technology Team (TMT) works with corporates, private equity and lenders from across comms, digital media, IT services/software domains, addressing strategic questions:
- What are the most attractive ways to grow?
- Are there new business models and vehicles to generate value quickly?
- How best to simplify my business, and its networks/technologies?
- How best to generate value and synergies from M&A?
We are recruiting for an Assistant Manager in the TMT team, where your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Managers to deliver market entry, growth strategy, business case/plan appraisals, M&A and operating model assignments
- Design and run small projects and / or large, complex work streams with limited oversight
- Generate hypothesis and play a role in storyboarding
- Liaise effectively with clients whilst working on engagements and act as an ‘ambassador’ for my client
- Produce client ready deliverables that exceed expectations and requires limited review
- Develop solutions to complex problems and challenge the thinking of more senior colleagues and clients
- Construct detailed financial / business models performing complex scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Provide timely feedback and coaching to other team members
We expect intellectual rigor and diligence and experience in key areas:
- Ability to communicate verbally and on a written basis, interacting with key clients
- Strong financial and commercial analytics experience and capability
- Curiosity and desire to learn more on key TMT areas, eg M2M/Internet of Things, IT Services, Digital Media, Software, Broadband, Quadplay
- Ability to research critical data and information to support problem-solving
- Strong team-work ethic, and ability to work intensively as part of small teams
- Experience of leading project teams and running proposals
- Experience of contributing to thought leadership and knowledge management activities
- Strong academics (e.g. Undergraduate/ Masters degree/MBA at a leading University), CIMA, ACCA qualified, strong A-levels or equivalent
- TMT experience, with experience within corporate roles, strategy consultancy, or similar analytical/deal experience
- Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Structured thinking skills combined with creativity
- Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
- Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
If you are really excited about this role and believe it can be a good fit with your previous profile and experience, please send an email with a cover letter and CV attached to NAkram@antal.com.