Engineer – Ware manufacturing facility
Interviews to be held on week commencing 8th December
To provide engineering technical ownership for production equipment and plant installed and operational in the product stream. The role exists to deliver professional engineering expertise to specific unit operations to ensure the demonstrated design performance is maintained and continuously improved during the operational life cycle of the equipment. Ensuring that business driven improvements upgrades, modifications and adaptations meet their quality and performance targets.
• Develop a sound and thorough understanding of the engineering and process fundamentals for the production equipment and plant in the jobholder’s area.
• Assume technical ownership for production equipment and plant in jobholder’s area.
• Design and/or implement effective and sustained methods of equipment/production performance measurement and data capture. Champion and lead the conversion and use of data to generate trends and similar information to drive and realise improvements.
• Work with other functions (e.g. production, technologists, process engineers, etc.) and external specialists to optimise the equipment/product/process and system interactions to improve performance against business driven targets.
• Use information from a variety of sources to identify, develop proposals and implement best practice and improvements relating to equipment performance and quality.
• Lead and manage teams of technicians as required to achieve the delivery of the above responsibilities along with a number of ad hoc projects relating to new equipment, quality/safety/performance investigations and equipment diagnostics due to failures or underperformance.
• Proactively assist in the establishing, using and reviewing maintenance life plans
• Accountable for ensuring that the ‘as built’ technical specification and the specified operating and maintenance criteria are fully understood for equipment and plant in the job holders’ area.
• Accountable for ensuring that the equipment’s life cycle continuous improvement potential is met and/or is in line with the business driven requirements.
• Accountable for ensuring that all equipment modifications, upgrades, adaptations and improvements meet GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) standards and policy.
• Accountable for the ongoing engineering performance of specific equipment in the job holders area.
• Accountable for taking an active role in the delivery and review of maintenance life plans.
• Accountable for assisting the specification and assessment of maintenance activities.
• Accountable for leading and managing engineering technicians in line with company policy
• Diversity of processes and equipment.
• Many processes unique to
• Stretched understanding of equipment limits due to new product introduction applications.
• Must achieve goals via resource with and without direct line authority.
• Essential multifunctional and external interactions.
• Need to articulate technical information to and from a variety of third parties.
• Engineering degree or HND/HNC with supplementary experience.
• Sound understanding of a manufacturing environment and typical equipment and systems.
• Well developed numerate and critical reasoning ability.
• Team leadership and/or facilitation skills.
• Exposure to Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma or CI techniques.
High Performance Behaviours
• Develops new ideas and solutions about specific issues
• Gains the buy-in of others by showing the advantages, benefits and features of own solutions and ideas
• Seeks to raise levels of performance by establishing an improvement process, or setting specific, measurable targets and goals linked to business needs
o Relevant Engineering degree or HNC/HND
o Industrial experience (with degree)
o Proven industrial experience (with HNC/HND)
o Chartered Engineer status
o Pharmaceutical or food manufacturing experience
o Team leadership and man management experience
o Project management experience