Our client is a leading luxury apparel business and due to progression they are looking to recruit and experienced packaging manager to join their global team here in the UK.
The position will be responsible for driving, developing and deploying strategies and processes for the efficient an cost effective supply of tickets, labels and transit packaging for apparel and accessory products globally. The role will manage both the commercial relationship and supply of tickets, labels (with or without RFID) and Transit packaging.
- Own business relationships with packaging suppliers
- Partnering with Product Engineers, Fulfilment, Retail, Creative Service and CR departments to manage the evolution/development of our transit packaging
- Select and manage suppliers to ensure efficient and cost effective supply of high quality fit for purpose packaging
- Manage and communicate the packaging specifications, usages and costs internally and externally
- Manage the resolution of issues between all parties
- Maintain accurate packaging library
- Own business relationship with care label supplier/s
- Manage the global supply of care labels, with or without RFID
- Partner with Product Compliance to manage the development and implementation of new or revised label formats to meet changes in legislation or business strategy.
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of vendor ordering platforms and processes.
- Manage the production and communication of all documentation to support care label ordering
- Roll out changes providing the necessary level of support including training internally and externally.
- Reduce added value labelling services so far as is reasonably practicable
- Ensure global consistency and quality is adhered to
- Manage the effective resolution of adhoc labelling issues for the vendor base.
- Manage the online ordering platform and make improvements when required
- Own business relationship with swing ticket suppliers
- Manage the global supplier of swing tickets with or without RFID
- Partner with Product compliance to manage the development and implementation of new/revised swing ticket formats to meet changes in retail needs, legislation or business strategy
- Socialise and agree all changes in swing tickets with regional contacts
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of vendor ordering platform and processes
- Manage the production and communication of all documentation to support swing ticket ordering and or changes in ordering
- Roll our changes providing the necessary level of support including training internally and externally
- Manage the effective resolution of adhoc swing ticket issues for the vendor base
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience individual who has prior experience managing the end to end processes associated with Care labels and Swing Tickets.
This role is not purely a creative position, it is one that will requires the individual to have strong supplier management and relationship building experience as well as exposure to orchestrating various internal departments that are essential is the successful production of Care labels and Swing Tickets within a global apparel organisation.