My client’s Restructuring team in London are looking for new Senior Managers. The successful candidates with be focused on Financial Restructuring, in particular with significant and demonstrable experience in leading teams undertaking Independent Business Reviews (IBR’s) and managing the various stakeholders involved in a financial restructuring.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however, there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
To be an effective Senior Manager, you’ll undertake the following:
· Frequently acting as day-to-day lead for delivery of client advisory projects or significant workstreams, taking the role as a key contact on engagements.
· Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders).
· Manage teams of colleagues working on the engagement, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple workstream delivery. Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with client’s engagement management practices.
· Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances.
· Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input.
· Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback.
· Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team.
· Significant involvement in business development activities, including developing pitches and proposals to win new work.
Key skills and competencies required:
· Demonstrable experience in leading workstreams and engagements as a whole.
· Experience at advising and managing a range of stakeholders, including lenders, corporates and internal stakeholders.
· Strong commercial and business acumen.
· Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’ as well start teams of colleagues.
· Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
· Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
· Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
If you are really excited about this role and believe it can be a good fit with your previous profile and experience, please send an email with a cover letter and CV attached to NAkram@antal.com.