Our client is a successful large German company with more than 10,000 employees world-wide.
Since 80 years the company has been making sense of large amounts of data from a wide variety of data sources with the aim to turn data into smart business decisions for their clients (Big Data). For their internal IT Infrastructure Team in London or Nuremberg we are currently looking for a
Senior Linux Server Engineer (m/f/d)
- Plan, design, and proactively develop server platforms to help support cross-organization systems
- Configure and maintain server platforms to ensure reliable operations
- Lead and participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server hardware and software
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of server infrastructure
- Work with key stakeholders to plan and implement upgrades as required as well as mentor and provide leadership to junior members of the team
- Experience as a Linux Server Engineer for a large user group (ideally 700+ users) multi-site environments, commissioning and administering physical and virtual servers
- Strong knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, PHP, J2EE, Icinga Monitoring Tools
- Strong scripting skills
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code
e.g. Design and security, configuration management, integration, deployment, performance monitoring and tuning, automation of infrastructure
- Desirable certification: Project management, Technical design and architecture, Process leading, Innovative technical skills, Valid Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Team-oriented, strong analytical skills, passion for new technology, ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations
- Permanent role with a top employer that offers very good development possibilities
- Very attractive salary and very good social benefits
- International work environment with challenging tasks
- Work with the latest, state-of-the art technologies and with interesting subject matters.
Please use our online-application form (https://antalfmcg.catsone.com/careers/7875-Antal-International-Nurnberg/jobs/13348646-Senior-Linux-Server-Engineer?portal=) only for applying to advertised positions. Please note that we can´t consider applications that we receive by e-mail.
ANTAL INTERNATIONAL PERSONALBERATUNG
Andreas Dürr, E-Mail: email@example.com, Mobile: +49 1578 8540275