Senior Data Scientist based in London
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Global company whose digital engineers build world-class research, powered by high technology.
If you have a passion for Data and Science this could be your chance to be part of a Global Data Science team that addresses client’s requirements through the State of the art digital research solutions in the world.
They offer an exciting work environment that brings people together and positively encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
They are extending their team in London and you can be a part of setting up the new team, while being part of the already large network of Data Science team within the company.
About the role:
Working in the Technology & Data business unit, as a Senior Data Scientist, you will be part of a cross-functional development team, providing guidance and vision to other data scientists, and working hands-on with machine learning engineers, developers and client solution experts on delivering their end-2-end analytic solutions for Marketers.
- Design and develop analytical approaches based on product concepts,
- Looking after the whole life cycle from feasibility checks to proof-of-concepts to prototypes to implementation in end-to-end solutions.
- Manage and coordinate Data Science projects, i.e. defining user stories
and specific tasks working closely with Product Owners and Product
- Be able to present the company’s Data Science capabilities in client-facing situations, at conferences and in workshops.
- Actively share Data Science knowledge within their Technology and Data Network
Skills & Experience required:
- Expert knowledge of Python programming, including pySpark
- Highly skilled working in Big Data environments (e.g., Cloudera Hadoop, Hortonworks Data Platform, AWS EMR, Map/Reduce, Hive)
- Expert knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and
Its frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark MLlib, H2O, Tensorflow, Torch,Theano )
- Basic skills with regard to performance optimization and scalability (e.g. Parallelisation, code optimization, containerization, function as a service).
- Skilled at database handling, in particular SQL, NoSQL
- Expert statistical modelling skills / knowledge on predictive analytics would be a plus.
- Expert knowledge of optimisation or machine learning algorithms and/ or deep learning algorithms
- In depth understanding of Big Data Architectures.
- PhD or Master Degree that reflects strong modelling, statistics and IT skills.
- 4+ years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis, data science or related areas.
Contact Jim Foster today to discuss this excellent opportunity.