Legal Counsel Employment (Europe) Mandarin & EnglishSpeaker desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and innovative cloud based company whose high performance elastic computer power solutions, provide global and visionary IT solutions.
Their impressive suite of IT Solutions is unrivalled in the industry and means our Client can provide services to Large International Corporations as well as to Small and medium sized business.
They are seeking a motivated attorney with significant experience managing labour and employment issues across Europe to join the growing HR legal team. You will be the lead employment lawyer in Europe supporting the business growth of the company and its affiliated businesses in the region.
You will partner closely with the Europe HR team as well as HR, compliance and business teams in China to handle a broad range of European and global employment and related compliance issues (such as data privacy, trade secrets, anti-bribery etc.).
Your responsibilities will include
1. Provide day-to-day legal advice and counselling on various employment and HR compliance issues in UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Benelux and other new countries in Europe, including recruiting and hiring, employee management, termination, works council setup and management, compensation and benefits, working hours, leaves, internal HR operation and process, etc.
2. Review, revise and update a variety of employment-related agreements and HR policies in the region, and provide guidance to HR and business teams on implementation.
3. Collaborate with other members of the International HR Legal Team on regional and global HR-related data privacy projects.
4. Collaborate with international litigation team on pre-litigation contentious matters relating to employees in the region.
5. Collaborate with investment legal team on regional employment issues in M&A’s.
6. Provide training to internal stakeholders on regional and global employment issues.
1. Qualified in the UK or another EU key jurisdiction.
2. At least 5 years of experience practicing employment law at a large law firm in Europe and/or providing Europe regional HR legal support in an in-house legal department. Any experience managing regional employment issues would be advantageous. Previous in-house experience preferred, but not essential..
3. Prior litigation experience preferred, but not mandatory.
4. Fluent in oral and written English in a legal setting. Mandarin Chinese proficiency desirable
5. Strong ability to leverage and manage outside counsel for providing regional support.
6. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; exceptional business judgment, with the ability to think strategically and provide practical advice to HR and business teams.
7. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with, and gain respect of, stakeholders at all levels.
8. Ability to work independently and to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
9. Willing to travel internationally especially to China, Hong Kong and Western Europe.
Contact us today to discuss this exciting opportunity