Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier to the Automotive Industry with over 45,000 employees worldwide and a turnover in excess of 7bn USD.
In order to strengthen the growing team in Baden Württemberg, near Stuttgart, for the regional focus on DACH & Scandinavia we are searching a Pricing Specialist
• Act as a 'Schnittstelle' or interface for Product, European Pricing and Sales & Marketing departments.
• Implement pricing strategy in the region and adopt pricing levels within degrees of freedom to local markets, including the periodic review and update of product prices.
• Participate actively to local COMMITTEES where pricing is involved and especially the monthly local pricing and margin committee.
• Local contribution is given to central Special Project periodically launched
• Reports on a monthly basis to the central pricing committee
• Work closely with the European pricing analysts for cross boarder price setting before local implementation. Guard the pan-European price setting.
• Analyse regional and researching price and rebate conditions (market & competitors). Provide pricing and rebate recommendations for new and existing. Rebate accruals % stays the responsibility of local finance.
• Elaborate analyses of all components of sales (end user prices) and margin in a high volume automotive industrial environment.
• Analyses requested changes and recommends changes to current pricing based on sales force input, market research, profitability analysis, modelling, trends and overall strategic direction of the company.
• Understand price elasticity by product and category which will enable the company to make effective and profit maximizing pricing decisions.
• Provide information to product groups about regional selling price-point in order to support them while establish a product cost.
• Communicate to customers new End User pricing results to become in force
• Calculate pricing effects and rebate levels for regional promotions; make regular tracks of them according to the templates.
• Ensure transparency about the profitability of each product line in region
• Use standard dashboards/reporting mechanisms to report key strategic information to senior management for decision support.
• Provide comprehensive explanation of variances about increase plan to senior pricing manager, local and central pricing committee.
• Represents regional pricing towards other functions in the region. Local contribution is given by central for special projects periodically launched
• Customer visits for pricing information or share strategic changing of pricing structure (main Fairs and Exhibition are attended to this aim)
• 4+ years of experience in Strategic Retail Marketing and/or Pricing position ever in industry or consulting, Prior experience developing and deploying large scale pricing strategy initiatives or Finance experience, with retail automotive pricing and/or operations experience, Strong knowledge of pricing strategy, analysis, and marketing.
• Prior experience in preparation of price analysis and proposal within a multinational company
• Bachelor degree in marketing, Research, Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics / Master in Business Studies
• Fluent German & English
• Microsoft Office with emphasis on well developed Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Experience with SAP is desirable
• Knowledge of auto parts industry, automotive repair or automotive aftermarket a plus
Please send your CV in German or English to email@example.com