What skillset are you looking for this role?
The ideal candidate should have a keen interest and working practice in international business development, ambituous & driven with a focus to build & maintain relations with HNW individuals, ability to generate healthy business streams of income, confident personality with a sharp business acumen and strong selling skills, proven experience in acquiring clients, experienced traveller who can reap on existing international relationships and is aware of the markets to target for the best business opportunities, extremely fluent English (both written & spoken), knowledge of other languages is a plus, strong communicator and negotiator.
What is the seniority level ?
This position is clearly a senior executive function. This is verified by the the duties & responsibilities, reporting lines, pivot for the successful growth of such service line, the 'GRP' (gross remuneration package) is competitive and in line with what to expect from this level of responsibility, (including a highly attractive base coupled with a generous structure of commissions and benefits). In our humble opinion this is a one-off opportunity for the right talented individual.
Whom shall I report to?
You will be reporting directly to top management, liaising with the company directors and in particular with direct reporting to the company COO. In this position you will have the opportunity to influence the business future objectives and collaborate with top-notch professionals each within their own specific areas of specialisation.
Does the client provide relocation assistance?
Definitely - I think the assistance is well-planned and suitable to fully faciliate ease of relocation. The people supporting this process are highly experienced, meticulous, are known to our organisation and have working practice assisting in similar circumstances - you are in good hands, both by the hiring company and our firm which is geared for international executive recruitment.
Is the contract of employment definite or indefinite ?
Indefinite with an initial probation period
Will I be required to travel ? What is the budget for this?
Definitely - in this line of business you will need to travel, arrange appointments and meet clients in person. You will need to network and have a good grasp of developments out there. This is a highly competitive market and in order to get business you need to be actively present in the international markets, either via meetings, conferences, networking events, launch events, etc. A healthy budget is assigned for these travellings and needless to say accommodation, flights & subsistence costs will be covered by the hiring company.
Does the client anticipate I should have existing experience in the area of Residency & Citizenship by Investment?
Update - preferably yes, we are looking for candidates with aligned experiences selling into residency & citizenship schemes. This will provide the ideal head start and a firm understanding of this business would ensure faster closed sales. Profiles with 3+ years of related experience are encouraged to apply.
Where is the position located?
Malta, though your office will mainly be the foreign international markets.
What are the key responsibilities?
Let me list these in bullet form for ease of reference:
- proactively seek new international business opportunities
- be ready to travel, meet clients or business partners and build new relationships that the hiring company can leverage for business in the future
- liaise with other business development professionals to understand their respective areas of expertise and discuss ways how you can cross refer business
- keeping abreast of relevant legislation and sharing this knowledge internally
- propose strategies to the board of directors on the best ways to approach the market, including target geographical zones, budget for travelling and partners with whom to build healthy relationships
- act as the point of reference for prospective clients on relocation, requirements
- pitch the service offering that the hiring company offers and secure new business
- reply to enquiries about Malta's immigration policies. It is important you will be/become well-versed in all relevant legislation whilst ensuring the right content is available on the hiring company's website and marketing material
- you will have to make your own agenda, propose ideas for new business development initiatives - success to close business will rely entirely in your own hands
What can you tell me about the hiring company?
We get asked this question very often during the recruiting process, and we will undoubtedly get into far more detailed information down the line. The aspects I can initially comment about: the client is a highly reputable international brand; runs a number of varied business streams; engages high calibre professionals; is a sizeable organisation; runs a corporate culture office environment; year-on-year business growth over a span of decades, good career prospects within the organisation; very approachable and friendly international team. We will provide you with all the information at our disposal further on along the recruiting process for a more informed decision
How shall I start? ......
Please start by applying for this position sending in your updated resume. We will thereafter contact you by scheduling an initial Telephone/Skype call to make an introduction - we will take care guiding you from that point further.
Due to the volume of enquiries received, should you have any questions / clarifications please email these directly to Robert Sultana - Managing Partner at Antal International (Malta) on email@example.com - you will receive speedier responses, rather than calling - thank you