Our services are retained by an international and well-established brand with offices in Malta and in other jurisdictions currently looking to hire a Senior Data Scientist.
We are looking for a high calibre and ambituous data focused professional with an extensive proven track record of innovative data solutions, preferably with prolonged experiences working within the FinTech industry. This is an exciting opportunity with strong career growth progression especially for candidates who are flexible and mobile and willing to consider growing with the organisation and possibly taking up further more senior functions by time in any of their +30 worldwide offices. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates willing to proof themselves, aspiring to work for an agile and well-established brand working for the most disruptive technologies in the marketplace.
- solving complex unstructured problems utilising data and analysis
- working practice of Machine Learning, Big Data, Statistical Modelling & Quantitative Analysis is a strong prerequisite
- clean, aggregate and interpret data in preparation for analysis
- devising reusable assets and solutions for trending
- utilising Python or R to turn complex datasets into actionable insights
- experience with analytical modelling and predictive capabilities
- 5 - 7 years experience as Data Scientist working within an established FinTech company
- practical experience with SQL & No-SQL Databases
- practical experience with Python, R
- knowledge in one or more of the following would be a strong plus: Linear Algebra, Statistics, Graph Theory, Network Analysis, Algorithms, Probability, Classification & Regression techniques.
- Cloud storage and computation such as AWS2, EC2 and EMR
- specialised visualisation techniques (D3.js, ggplot, etc)
- strong communication & presentation skills
- fluency in English is imperative
- relocation benefits (for EU nationals living outside of Malta)
- international Health Insurance
- annual paid gym membership
- training sponsorship for continued learning
- sponsorship to attend relevant international conferences
EU candidates will be supported with relocation benefits with paid accommodation for the initial 5 weeks until one finds own settlement, flight arrangements (to & fro). Non-EU candidates are kindly requested not to apply.