Location: Mexico City
Company: Multinational Fashion Retailer
The Country CFO is the right hand of the Country CEO in the organization. He/she actively contributes to the achievement of the Company's business objectives by providing strategic and financial guidance. He/she manages all financial aspects of the Company strategy, analyses figures and implement recommendations and processes with the most profitable outcomes. The CFO also leads, trains and coaches his/her team to achieve targets and respect deadlines. He/she acts to achieve the Company’s global vision. He/She ensures that the Group Guidelines are followed as well as local regulations
- Finance Management
- Provides leadership to optimize the Company’s financial performance, monitoring the implementation of the Mid Term Plan & leading annual budgeting, planning process with the CEO, monitors progress and changes.
- Takes overall control of the different financial aspects (controlling, accounting, cash management) and brings the necessary changes to reach objectives.
- Analyzes and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, build the periodic forecasts and insight into operations through relevant analysis.
- Builds and communicates monthly and annually financial statements, giving recommendations and advising on the best path of growth for the business (Retail, Wholesale and Corporate) locally and to the Group.
- Builds strong partnerships with the different departments and the Corporate team to collect information and give guidance.
- Manages organizational cash flow, forecasting, and banking relationships.
- Implements and maintains a business oriented reporting system.
- Updates and implements all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Improves the finance department’s overall policy and processes.
- Creates a strong partnership with external companies in retail.
- In charge of different negotiations for the Company: (certificates, commercial leases, etc.).
- People management
- Manages direct reports (controlling, accounting, logistics, wholesale planning).
- Optimizes the organization of the finance department to ensure productivity & profitability.
- Builds a strong finance team and drives them to set up excellent standards.
- Trains and coaches the finance team to optimize processes and performance: set goals, give specific feedbacks, give clear directions, teach thinking, measure progress, etc…
- Empowers teams to become strong brand ambassadors.
- Leads the yearly appraisal meetings for direct reports, with S.M.A.R.T objectives.
- Acts as a leader to handle conflicts, make courageous decisions and solve issues.
- Builds a retention & succession plan with the HRBP.
- Minimum 7 years - successful experience as a Finance Director in Retail industry.
- Experience in Shared Service implementation projects.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Strong leadership
- Strategic vision
- Actively research and suggest solutions and smart working practices
- Decision making skills
- Ability to challenge self-performances
- Ability to teach thinking to his reports to make them grow and become accountable
- Ability to communicate
- Team spirit in failure and in success
- Exemplarity behavior
- Ability to give (positive and negative) feedbacks to his colleagues
- Effective listening communications skills towards internal and external relationships
- Open-minded about new ideas
- Critical and constructive
- Strong work ethics
- Smart attitude
- Helpful and polite
- Global and strategic vision,
- Ability to understand, control and plan a business strategy,
- Results oriented mindset,
- People development.