Senior Sourcing Manager/Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the creation and implementation of sourcing strategies in support of the Technology category. The Senior Sourcing Manager/Sourcing Manager must be well versed in the strategic sourcing discipline and be able to translate that methodology into practical plans for addressing spend, particularly in a Biotech/Pharma environment. Advanced stakeholder development skills and working well in a cross-functional team environment will also be integral to success in this role.
Major Responsibilities Include
• Develop, implement and refine a global sourcing strategy that results in enhanced value, revenue, breakthrough total-cost reduction and continuous improvement for spend in the Technology category.
• Proactively partner with Technology leadership and their teams to create alignment and develop strategic relationships.
• Partner with Technology leadership and the Project Portfolio Management Office to drive the procurement lifecycle from supplier selection (RFPs/RFI’s) to final contract execution.
• Proactively conduct market-intelligence activities
a. Perform industry, supply market and supply chain research/analytics
b. Uncover trends and best practices in category sourcing and outsourcing
c. Share knowledge, insight and advice in a way that contributes to long-term business strategies
• Identify demand management opportunities and incorporate into appropriate strategies
• Partner with Procurement Solutions team to incorporate strategic sourcing tools that drive continuous improvement and optimize quality into the sourcing process.
• LI-POT1 Qualifications• 7-10 year’s diverse technology strategic sourcing, negotiations and contract experience. Specific experience in the software and telecom sub categories a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills, able to analyze and interpret data to create effective strategies
• Superior oral- and written-communications skills with the ability to influence all levels of an organization
• Project management experience
• Proven ability to effectively manage change
• Experience with conflict resolution
• Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to shift priorities and manage changing demands with a sense of urgency
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as reporting and analysis tools