• BA or BS in food science or similar
• 5+ years of technical food processing experience
• English language verbal and written fluency
• Foreign language addition a benefit
• Knowledge of food industry in this region
• Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:• High degree of understanding of the bakery and seasoning industry (ingredients used, regulations, players, interactions and how products can fit in)
• Ability to taste a product and be able to make a suggestion as to which of our products would be a good place to start testing • Ability to create sales strategies, understand how a budget is constituted, Strong commercial acumen
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to set up a network of customer partners
• Establish the short- and long-term customer strategy in Mexico inorder to deliver of profitable growth targets. • Responsible for achieving set sales goals as agreed with direct report on Sales Lead.
• Serves as the technical expert on product composition, recommendations and methods of application to meet specific customer needs/requests
• Responds to requests of customer for assistance in the field on any technical issue • Provides written follow-up in SalesForce on projects, customer discussions or on any continuing issues that occur/exist within the customers visited for necessary dissemination of information as necessary within the organization • Maintains sales pipeline report with monthly updates delivered to direct report on Sales Lead.
• Communicates and works with R&D in the development or reformulation of products to meet customer needs or in response to competitive situations within the territory
• Performs sales calls, lead follow up and customer service visits independently or jointly with technical staff, direct report on Sales Lead as needed • Completes on-site customer visits to access installation potential based upon customer/Sales Management request for specific equipment • Identify new growth opportunities and develop a commercial and R&D project pipeline to drive growth.
• Work with the R&D group to develop new product concepts with latest market trends in line with customer expectation.
• Play a leading role in building industry wide network with customer overall categories and develop strategic relationships with customer’s organizations including R&D, Marketing and Procurement.
• Monitor business performance against key metrics and participate in leadership review meetings
Lead cross-functional teams composed of Sales, Marketing, RD &A, finance and operations to ensure we maintain the highest standards of customer service.
• Lead interface with regional and global teams working on global accounts.
• Provides input on long-term strategy recommendations on future development opportunities based on industry trends and new product/technology development
• Works with Company administration in providing necessary documentation and information on project development, specific shipping or labeling needs within customer accounts
• Promotes a positive company image and fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Attain a very high degree of knowledge of all brand products and technical application under bakery and snacks in order to train customers and colleagues
• Keeps in close contact with local and regional management. Quarterly updates on progress in each market to be delivered. Essential functions included in this section are not limited only to the tasks and responsibilities listed.