Our client is the Italian branch of an American multinational. For the Milan office, we are currently recruiting for an internal IT support specialist with 2 -3 years experience. You will be the only local IT Specialist in Italy and will report to regional IT based in the UK.
- Provide technical support to internal staff and guests both on-site in Italy and remotely to other EMEA-based locations.
- Liaise with external support personnel where needed for the setup of special projects – such as shows, demonstrations and on-site training courses. Where appropriate, provide informal technical training to users for minor tasks.
- Configure/reconfigure computers for all employees, including software installations, network configurations, hardware integration, final testing, and migration of users’ old data onto the newly-built system.
- Log and update technical support incidents in incident management systems.
- Maintain availability of storage for ad-hoc backups of users’ systems and for regular backups of all server resources. Take steps to ensure that users are making appropriate choices for the storage, protection and security of their data.
- Set up, maintain, support and arrange repairs for printers
- Install all manner of software on internal PCs as needed by various departments.
- Ensure systems are kept current with security patches and with up-to-date virus protection at all times.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive files owned by the various departments, notably HR and Finance, and office-wide emails. Take proactive steps to enhance security wherever possible.
- Good experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting PC hardware and Windows and Apple operating systems in a networked environment.
- Good system administration skills, focusing on Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016, Active Directory and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Proven problem-solving and technical support skills.
- Ability to organise and complete more complex projects while still dealing effectively with routine support issues.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking. Ability to configure network connectivity, including knowledge of routine elements of this including structured cabling, switches, wireless networking, VPN, DNS and DHCP and wide area networking.
- Extremely high accuracy and attention to detail.
- The post-holder must also take into account the operational implications of deploying or altering systems, and anticipate and address possible side-effects and security implications.
- The post-holder must be able and willing to travel to other offices & countries within the region to support operations and any special projects as required.
- Good written and spoken English
Full-time permanent employment contract. Euro 30k gross per year max. salary.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a CV in English.