For a prestigious luxury 5* hotel in Milan,
we are looking for a
DIRECTOR OF SALES&MARKETING
- Managing Sales Activities
- Manages the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market.
- Manages the property's reactive and proactive sales efforts.
- Determines and develops marketing communication activities, in conjunction with Regional Marketing Communications.
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Reviews the Strategic Alignment Review (STAR) report, competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position.
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Suggests innovative marketing ideas and develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
- Evaluates and supports participation and account deployment with Area Sales and Group Sales within the Sales Office.
- Serves as the sales contact for the General Manager, property leadership team, Group Sales and Area Sales leaders.
- Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate.
- Serves as hotel authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
- Serves as the property sales liaison with Area Sales, Group Sales, Revenue Management, Event Management, Area Director of Sales & Distribution and Area Director of Marketing, Digital and Communication Hubs and other hotel departments as appropriate.
- Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Attract local scenes and establish global awareness of the hotel and brand from partners, press and guest.
- Together with the Regional Director of Communications, liaise with Public Relations Agencies to ensure effective communication is maintained in line with marketing strategy.
- Be ahead in social media activity, initiatives and exposure.
- Continuously look out for PR activities and PR opportunities to gain significant exposure.
- In partnership with the Area Director of Marketing and Regional Marketing Manager develop the annual Marketing Plan and take responsibility for the delivery process for the hotel and follow-up on the required budgetary guidelines.
- Deliver specific hotel marketing projects such as direct marketing, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns.
- Ensure full compliance with all Company Marketing standards & programs.
- Create conceptual strategies through key partnership and brand initiatives (i.e. packages, F&B promotion, SPA).
- Maintain marketing and events calendars for the hotel.
- Act as marketing channel for information regarding the property’s specific need periods and coordinate information regarding the property’s seasonality and opportunities.
- Assist with all public relations and promotional activities that support the needs of the hotel. This could include photo shoots, broadcasts, celebrity interviews and other specific events that require personal attention. Also forge local partnerships and review opportunities for local level promotions and sponsorships to gain recognition and beneficial status within the community.
- The DOSM will be an experienced marketer who can lead both online and offline marketing initiatives with an innovative approach, driving revenues across all market segments.
- Supports the General Manager by coordinating crisis communications.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and the company
- Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
- Interfaces with regional marketing communications for regional and national promotions pull through.
- Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- At least 3 years as Sales&Marketing Director in luxury hospitality
- International experience
- Fluent in English, other languages are an asset
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal context
- Computer literacy.
- Proven successful business development and growth
- Self Motivated and able to work independently
- Sales oriented and with strong business acumen
Location: Milan (Italy)