Milano, MI, IT
Junior Data Engineer
The Company is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime.
About the role
Data engineer familiar with Microsoft Azure services, with projects of Cloud Data Engineering and with programming languages (Python, C#, SQL).
The ideal candidate has a background in computer science/engineering and knowledge in math, statistics, physics or any other computationally intense disciplines.
About the team
We are seeking a motivated candidate with passion for technology to be a part of Analytics team in Milan that develops innovative solutions in telematics, motor and beyond. The team is top notch and lies in the Product and Technology department in the Property and Casualty Reinsurance business.
• BS/MS in computer science or similar, 110 cum laude
• Scripting languages (Python and R)
• Knowledge of big data tools and framework like Hadoop, Spark etc…
• Programming skills (C#, Python, SQL)
• Good level of English
• Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
• High degree of flexibility, independent and proactive working style
• Ability to work well under pressure and on multiple and conflicting priorities
• Strong commitment to quality and details