Our client is an international software vendor, involved in the sale and implementation of complex application software to large Italian clients. Due to strong growth of the Italian business, we are currently recruiting a
Linux - Unix Systems Engineer
Within the Professional Services team, you will be responsible for the delivery of the system architecture plan to the client as well as management or relevant activities in order to deploy and deliver the software solution to the client within the agreed timeframes.
- Designing, reviewing and installing all the software products including patches, releases and builds on the required customer platforms in accordance with quality assurance protocols and Service Level Agreements as agreed with the customer for software release authorization and installation
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and performance analysis for implementations
- Provide technical support for custom development,
- Assist Presales for any technical request such as architecture, configuration, hardware sizing, etc.
- Produce technical documentation
- Participate in on-site technical training if required
- Participate in on-site technical implementations if required
- Take on responsibility for scripting, maintenance and verification of backups
- In-depth skills in the system administration of Linux systems (SUSE / RedHat): background in configuring, implementing and maintaining the Linux or UNIX server
- Programming and coding: ability to work directly with the source code of a system and develop solutions to improve system-level performance
- Analytical skills: ability to be able to examine error logs, system performance data and user information to ensure a high level of usability and reliability
- Information security: familiarity with best practices and techniques for maintaining and improving information security
- Knowledge of configuration / distribution tools such as Ansible and Puppet is strongly recommended
- Available to travel
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.