Qualified Chartered Accountant with about 7 to 10 years of post qualification experience mainly from Freight, Forwarding , Logistics, Warehousing Industry only
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department including; month/ year end process, accounts payable/ receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury/ budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue & expenditure variance analysis, reconciliations of account statements- payable / receivable, capital asset, debt activity
- Monitoring and analysing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions- look into financial leakages and take steps to plug them
- Budgeting & MIS - create a budgeting mechanism and work with the Ops & Sales teams to create Budgets and monthly performance reports with proper variance analysis.
- Proper documentation of all transactions.
- Knowledge of Law of Contracts, Indemnity, Copy Right & Patent Law etc.
- Knowledge of Corporate Laws & regulations impacting the area of work handled
- Ability to assimilate and analyse information and report accurately