· Lead end-to-end design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and enhancement efforts
· Manage tasks using a project management tool and follow up with specific owners to deliver components of the project on time
· Produce a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements
· Create a technical specification document and systems integration requirements document
· Work with external contractors and service providers to lead the development of end to - end solution design and development
· Present program status and issues to XYZ Executive Team(s) on a regular and consistent basis in regular status reporting and status meetings
· Understand and coach/teach others, show high level of ethics and team work
· Bachelor/Master's in Computer Science, Information Technology, Info Systems, or related field
· 7+ years of experience in scalable and distributed applications design and development
· 2+ years of hands on experience in designing and managing software products in the Big Data space
· Excellent coding skills in Java
· Expertise in common frameworks like RESTful Web Services, Spring, Hibernate, etc.
· Experience in managing, implementing and optimizing databases solution such as MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
· Experience of Geographic Information System (GIS) implementations is preferred.
· Experience in building the configuration details for installation, deployment and configuration of cloud automation solutions on AWS or Azure
· Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
· Proven ability to drive large scale projects with deep understanding of Agile SDLC, high collaboration and leadership
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, judgment and decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure