Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Design, configure, install and maintain private & public cloud solutions (Rackspace, AWS).
At least 4 years’ experience managing and maintaining a production Linux (CentOS, RedHat) environment
Experience setting up and maintaining a kickstart environment.
Experience setting up and managing Hadoop Cluster, HBase infrastructure, including adding nodes, rebuilding and backing up database.
Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Manage all open source applications inclusive to, but not limited to DNS, RADIUS, LDAP, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, In addition, be proficient in writing scripts, and maintaining backups.
Document server configurations, and scripts, and all other relevant information in a repository to share information.
Provide technical support, training and technical documentation to the Information Technology team.
Work with the IT Team and other personnel/departments to analyze requirements and alternatives and make recommendations.
Provide superior customer support for Customers on troubleshooting escalated support troubles. Communicate with staff, vendors and customers in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
Knowledge/ Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge / Skills:
- Amazon Web Services Cloud, Linux Applications (JBoss, Tomcat, Apache etc), (Hadoop), HBase, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, Zenoss),
- work independently.
- think analytically and be a problem solver.
- communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- provide excellent customer service.
- Work in a safe and effective manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT: 1. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.