• Achieving agreed financial and individual country trade lane volume KPI’s.
• Perform market intelligence activities covering pricing, market positioning, service development and prospect identification.
• Working closely with trade lane partners, establish trade lane development teams and develop a robust Trade Lane Development Plan
• Map developments with each customer and devise action plans
• Develop new customers and key accounts while maintaining existing customer base
• Campaign or dissemination of information on vertical products, like automotive and Hi-Tech in Europe
• Liaison and collaborate with various cross functional teams for sending differential / preferential airlines pricing both prime and deferred and FSC / SSC updates every month for air inbound
• The current focus being Netherlands and other countries being added on the list from time to time once the respective trade lane managers are established at overseas locations.
2. Network Development
• Supports trade lane development by acting as a central point of contact and internal ‘pipeline’ coordinator to all trade lane partners.
• Create business case note for every win and send along with the SOP to the respective regions product manager.
• The role assumes a strong understanding of freight forwarding, proven sales expertise and the ability to cooperate cross functionally.
• Assist and support local and overseas sales organization
• Propose specific policies, standards, remunerations and instructions (SOPs) in all aspects of cooperation with overseas partners and communicate to concerned parties.
• Encourage cross cultural interaction and ensure delegations and visits to India and Europe
• Develop a good sales push to increase the pipeline to achieve business targets.
• Build credibility and strong lines of communication to ensure there is a good sales pull
• Establish sales lead exchange program and tracking of progress
• Represent company when and wherever required (trade association meetings, unofficial get-togethers with Europeans etc) and promote services and products of Rhenus Group.
3. Commercial Planning
• Ensure competitive pricing though active communication and negotiations with both local suppliers and regional product partners. Drive the pricing across ocean and air freight lines.
• Develop the Trade Lane Strategy & Establish and circulate MSR (Minimum selling rates ) for the Trade Lane
• Assists in securing sales-leads for network-controlled business in line with the trade lane development plan.
• Ensuring RFQ/RFP’s are received and attended on time and support RFQ teams for successful closure
• Develop concepts & strategies with the goal of increase cargo & financial results on the route(s)
• Plan, develop and implement attractive products & services on the Route (s) together with product managements and operational units
• Responsible for volume and pricing to be fixed on the TLD program."
4. Leadership and Team Management
• Drive the regional team to ensure a strong brand orientation and sales consciousness.
• Develop sales capability by ensuring up skilling and cross skilling of sales personnel by identifying and executive various training and developmental interventions
• Identify and develop high potentials internally (as well as potential hires externally) to build strong second line leadership to ensure robust sales contribution.
• Allocate resources productively based on costs as well as targets
• Review the sales team performance based on the productivity and take corrective action to maximize sales productivity
• Identify attract and deploy the right talent from competition based on business requirement and budgets allocated