AVP - Finance & Commercials
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives in the Entertainment industry
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations in the UK, Singapore and Vietnam
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Work closely with the sales team to advise on commercial structuring ( Contractual terms, Payment cycles, exchange rates, withholding tax, other indirect taxes) for all licensing contracts.
- Advice the sales team on the best strategy for optimum utilization of cash flows.
Financial Information ( MIS)
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Reporting of key performance metrics of the company on a weekly/fortnightly/monthly basis.
- Automate MIS reporting and enforce reporting discipline across the organization.
- Report financial results to the key management personnel and the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Extensively work with investment bankers and wealth management firms for project funding in various projects such as 1. co-productions and 2. IP investments
- Work closely with Banks and NBFCs for debt financing.
- Assist the founders in raising equity financing
- Invest surplus funds in various liquid instruments.
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors