Senior Position: Programming
Reporting to the cluster Head of Programming Head of Channel , the incumbent will perform a pivotal role in shaping the channel’s content strategy and driving viewership in all the properties.
• Responsible for driving the programming strategy and packaging content that creates the necessary momentum for the channel along with the Fiction Head.
• Responsible for identification and articulation of critical success factors and for evolving content plans to meet short and long-term goals
• Responsible for delivery of Channel performance in terms of GRPs, reach and TVRs
• Responsible for creative ideation and keeping the channel’s wrap around programming offerings attractive to audiences
• Working closely with the brand building and on-air promotion, teams to identify branding and promotion opportunities.
• Responsible for channel profitability through robust cost tracking
• Responsible for handling both the creative and production of individual fiction shows that will be assigned to the incumbent
• Monitoring the content and telecast rights environment closely and evaluate acquisition opportunities that strengthen the competitiveness of the channel
• Manage Production House and Partner relations appropriately to guarantee achievement of short-term as well as long-term objectives
• Work with the sales team to jointly evolve plans for meeting the revenue goals of the Channel
• Ensure assigned budgets are adhered to, and effectively manage budgets vis a vie the desired content and production value
• Develop a strong relationship with producers, production houses and agencies
• Use the network to monitor competition and use information judiciously to deploy counter programming strategies
• Build and sustain a high-calibre team with a winning edge and monitor performance
• Ensure a positive work environment where people feel empowered to contribute, innovate and feel rewarded for the same.
• Energize team members towards achieving stretch goals
• Build a performance driven culture, which is centred around execution
• A minimum of 10+ years of relevant programming experience in fiction with a strong understanding of working in a GEC Fiction setup
• A proven record of creating winning propositions in the fiction space in the television industry
• Should have experience of working in Production houses.
• Experience in Original Programming (OP) preferable.
• A principle centred business leader, with great people skills and a passion for excellence
• Strong executor who is proactive and details oriented and anticipates evolving business needs.
• Communicates clearly and effectively externally and internally and possesses strong influencing skills.
• Must possess the ability to craft dynamic strategies to propel the channel to a leadership position in an aggressive time-frame.