SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER - NEWS
- To design and manage a strong online News Product to service requirements of mass customer segments, liaise with the channel partners and 3rd party distributors for tie ups.
- You will closely collaborate with Editorial team, business, development team, customer service, sales, and marketing team to build the right solutions with prioritisation.
- You will own product roadmaps and discover new opportunities using research and customer conversations.
- Analyze key metrics like MAUs, DAUs, engagement metrics, av. Session time, DAVs etc. & drive them.
- You will own and define the product roadmap for one or more OTT experiences
- Partner with design, engineering and QA to ensure alignment with product vision and deliver experiences that have a soul
- Internalise the company vision and strategy and ensure roadmap alignment with the broader mission at all the times
- Build consensus on priorities by using both qualitative and quantitative data to influence your recommendations on what-to-build
- Be action oriented, done is better than perfect. Build and measure continually. Refine what's working and kill what's not working
- Make smart data driven trade-offs through experimentation when building products, perfection is a process not an end state
- Have an intrinsic drive to continually look for opportunities to improve processes and experiences
- Use various analytical tools like Mixpanel, GA etc. for key KPIs
- 3-7 years of experience in product management or product design experience building News products
- Knowledge and experience in driving News based on aggregator as well as publishing model
- Defining the CMS requirements basis customer and business requirements and ensuring seamless Product-CMS integration.
- Good understanding of SEO
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Prior experience in building digital News products
Skills and Experiences:
- Ownership of products in vision and driving growth
- Track record of launching and managing News products
- Demonstrated skill in creation and effective outcomes in roadmap creation and prioritization (sprint planning)
- Ability to create and communicate product requirements and value propositions that are actionable for developers, designers, and product commercialization teams
- Ability to utilize analytics in combination with experience and instinct to enhance product offerings and product direction
- Experience creating wireframes , building personas, storyboarding.
- Strong analytical skills are mandatory