· Very good man management skills at multiple locations at a senior level
· Good knowledge of warehousing practices, processes, WMS and ERP
· Should have very good negotiation skills at all levels including but not limiting to
vendors, suppliers of services, land owners, contractors etc.
· Should have served in People management positions either in Distribution or
· Establishment of National/Regional Warehouses from location selection to
· Establish and train the team on WH operations end to end in the B2B environment.
· Expertise in WH Layout design, Rack planning, material Handling Equipment
planning for optimum space utilization.
· Monitoring Stock Count process to ensure Stock accuracy - Cyclic, Daily, Quarterly
and Half yearly counts at all WHs.
· Good knowledge of latest technology, innovation in the area of Supply chain.
· Evaluate SCM budgets periodically including manpower planning initiatives and
ensure adherence to planned expenses
· Appointing, negotiating and monitoring of Transporters to achieve seamless and
Cost effective movement of consignments for timely deliveries.
· Monitor Transporters Performance related to Cost, Quality, Lead time and service
· Designing the route plan for optimum utilization of Milk run Full Truck load
services. Optimum usage of Full Truck loads and Courier mode across the country
with good knowledge of routes, check post and terrain.
· Interfacing with cross functional departments for ascertaining procurement plans
and manage the storage optimization in all warehouses
· Devising efficient logistics management system to ensure delivery of shipments as
per committed time
· Strong analytical, financial & P&L skill required to succeed
Experience: 15-20 Years in the Supply chain with atleast 4 years either in Retail or distribution
Managing the Distribution centers across the country.
Building and establishing the DC’s and hub centers across the country suiting to the retail format end to end
Building a robust team of professionals for managing the supply chain function
Key contributor for the changes and improvement in the IT and non IT infrastructure
Building and managing a robust and agile transportation network to ensure timely distribution.
Managing the inventory, pilferages, scrap etc and ensure complete transparency Building a world class quality system by bringing in the best practices suiting to organizations requirement Linkages / Interface:
· All departments starting from procurement to HR External
· Transporters, vendors, govt agencies and warehousing vendors