• Responsible for collecting, compiling, and analyzing financial data to account for financial transactions and/or make financial assessments. This includes but is not limited to: income, expenses, operating cost, rate of return, working capital, investments, and budget balance and variance analysis. Determines rationale for identified variances.
• Assesses viability, stability, and profitability of the business unit, and/or assigned projects and programs.
• Prepares financial plans and monitors business performance against plan by unit, division or brand.
• Prepares and presents financial analysis and recommendations to finance and business unit leadership in order to support informed business decision-making.
• Prepares short and long-term profit/loss forecasts to facilitate management review of capital appropriations, business strategies, product line changes, etc.
• Prepares financial statements, schedules and reports for internal and external use.
• Responsible for the adherence to and communication of applicable regulatory and operational policies, requirements, and procedures.
• May design, develop, install, and/or maintain operational specifications for financial information systems, considering such things as information requirements and reporting capability.
• Higher education in Finance/Accounting.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and US GAAP is a must.
• Professional certification such as CIMA /CPA is a plus.
• 1 year of relevant or close experience
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint is essential.
• Strong system affinity – ability to learn and utilize various PC-based packages (PowerPoint, Hyperion, CODA, Adobe Acrobat, Lotus Notes).
• Accounting ratios and financial analysis.