Our client is a large European Cable Operator developing a next generation DTV platform providing triple-play and over-the-top video services to its customers.
- Support the integration, debugging and tuning of TV applications.
- Contribute to and create detailed technical designs.
- Participate in pilot deployment.
- Position is within the Architectural Department.
- Position is based Amsteredam, NL
- International travel as required (weekly fly-backs to home city are allowed).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Education level: Minimum of bachelor degree.
· Experience: Minimum of 4+ years related experience in an expert delivery environment within STB/DVB/DTV arena.
· Expert Knowledge in/of:
- Programming experience in a Digital STB environment including understanding of DVB-SI tables and its manipulation (e.g. SI-Db build and use)
- TV API understanding (e.g. channel change API, MPEG chip set API, CAS API, etc.)
- Software design for embedded systems
- Knowledge of AJAX, JSON, XML, SOAP, REST
Extended experience in:
- Working with customers to explain their options, review the benefits of each solution and ensure the customer’s business requirements are satisfied with the design.
- Experience/ability to be technology lead supporting the setup of an overall architecture, reviewing and approving designs with tech leads, code reviews, debugging
- Strong analytical skills; ability to see at both the high level view and focus on detail if required; ability to apply technology to solve business problems.
- Determination and drive to consistently and successfully deliver according to commitment (results driven).
- Pro-active individual - able to see issues and suggest solutions before they arise. Fluent in English, other European languages are an advantage.
- Good communication skills and understanding of various cultures.