Head-Engineering (Wire Harness)
Nature of Experience:
- Experience in product design & development as well as tool design & development in automotive wiring harness/connection systems
- Experience in New Product Development and process design including DFMEA and PFMEA
- Hands-on Experience in RFQ handling, Product validations and APQP Documentation
- Good understanding of Automotive electricals and vehicle architecture
Role and Responsibilities :
- Conduct technical and feasibility analysis for the RFQs (as applicable) within agreed timelines
- Carry out capacity and capability assessment within Minda Group to meet RFQ requirements
- Carry out RFQs costing through inputs from sourcing, project management, manufacturing, finance, etc.
Product Design & prototyping
- Lead the various product design groups and engage with provide early engagement with the customer.
- Ensure that the customer design and development targets and timelines are met.
- Provide and execute the customer wise product design capability enhancement
- Ensure product design optimization to ensure cost competitiveness.
Technical evaluation for new vendors
- Carry out technical evaluation of vendors identified by the sourcing team for component development
- Evaluate vendors for manufacturing of tools and coordinate with sourcing to release purchase order
- Analyse sources of machines, materials, methods and manpower required for manufacturing
- Lead preparation of quality standards of the product and define end of line, PDQA and RQC inspection standards as well as specifications for NG for each testing
- Liaising with customers for timely product design approvals, engineering change notes (if any), etc.
Product trials & Testing
- Prepare trial run report and based on the report, make necessary changes, if required
- Conduct testing on the child parts manufactured from suppliers and prepare sample inspection report
- Analyse parameters, materials, design and other parameters to be analysed for VAVE and make required proposal, calculate ROI and prepare proposal for customers