LEAD QA ENGINEER
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a QA team, including setting the technical vision for developing test frameworks and automation for our systems
- Be responsible for ensuring quality of a large and complex financial data application
- Work with the product team to anticipate and devise test planning and look for potential pitfalls right from the ideation stage
- Understand specifications; estimate, prioritize, generate comprehensive test plans and test scripts
- Build a comprehensive suite of reusable and automated test cases to provide full test coverage for our applications.
- Coordinate and lead efforts for cross functional testing and/or 3rd party integration tasks
- Create processes and tests to check data correctness and completeness
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with defining test strategy, writing test plans, and designing and executing software tests
- Solid knowledge of QA testing techniques to determine appropriate number of test iterations and applying risk-based testing concepts.
- Experience testing both web applications and back end services, including functional API testing, integration testing, and UI functionality and usability testing
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with distributed systems handling large amount of data.
- Excellent coding skills in Java/J2EE or equivalent technology.
- Good understanding of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Should have experience working in product companies.