Manager - Reward & Benefits(India) –Manufacturing
We are Antal International, a senior recruitment firm; currently hiring a Manager - Reward & Benefits(India) in Gurgoan for a UK based speciality chemicals company.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To support the review, development and implementation of competitive and compelling local reward and benefit programs that are in line with the Group Reward Strategy that will attract, retain and motivate employees in India, as well as manage the reward policies, processes and procedures in line with Group guidelines.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all aspects of compensation and employee benefit matters for employees, HR and business leaders in India.
- Maintain awareness and analyse current and developing legislation/regulations affecting employee benefit plans in India in order to determine the potential impact on the Group and its compensation structures.
- Ensure continued compliance of the Group’s compensation and benefit plans with relevant local laws and regulations.
- Ensure local compliance with the Group’s governance controls in relation to the establishment of new benefit and compensation plans.
- Collaborate with local management and HR colleagues on a range of diverse compensation issues including resolution of pay issues and interpretation of compensation policies.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to assess compensation and benefit processes/procedures in order to improve, streamline and enhance accuracy through re-engineering or establishing new methodologies with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Manage existing benefit programs, making recommendations for modifications based on competitive trends, business needs, and cost.
- Research, identify and manage benefit harmonisation proposals to align local business units to a common JM country benefit offering in line with the Group Reward Strategy.enefits (India)
- Manage broad-based compensation programs, including job evaluation, market pricing, salary survey responses, benchmarking and compensation systems.
- For India, manage and co-ordinate the Group annual salary benchmarking and remuneration cycle for merit increases and bonus awards as well as support the local business HR teams in this process.
- Manage and conduct compliance audits on benefit plans to ensure reporting, disclosure, testing, and other government requirements (including benefit plan documents and summary plan descriptions) are being filed timely and are accurate.
- Support the business and local HR in reviewing and approving jobs and job offers (as appropriate), as well as salary levels to ensure internal and external equity.
- Manage external service providers by building strong relationships and overseeing vendor performance.
- Work closely with the Group Reward & Benefits Communications Manager to develop robust, accurate and compliant communication materials for promotion and description of all benefit programmes offered in India as appropriate.
- Conduct presentations and training related to Group and local compensation programs to ensure managers and employees understand applicable reward programs.
- In collaboration with the Head of Reward & Benefits (APAC), support in planning and communicating updates and changes to benefit plans and programs in India and potentially in other countries within the Asia Pacific region.
- Be responsible for maintaining and updating the Group database for local employee benefit plans.
- Participate in company acquisition and disposal activity as it relates to compensation and employee benefits including due diligence and post-acquisition integration activities.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by the Head of Reward & Benefits (APAC).
- Be responsible for processing of centralized payroll for JM India
Qualifications/ Knowledge/ Experience
- Educated to degree level in one or more of the following disciplines: finance, economics,mathematics, business, HR or equivalent
- At least 10 years of working in, or detailed exposure to, compensation and benefits
- Knowledge of India employee benefit arrangements and local requirements
- Knowledge and experience in salary and benefit benchmarking
- Experience in conducting job analysis, job pricing and job evaluations
- Experience of managing and delivering projects to timescales
- Experience of implementing significant change
- Proven track record of responsive and accurate service delivery
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Outstanding IT knowledge and capability
Suitable candidates can e-mail me with an updated resume at