- Create and implement project plans in accordance with business requirements and with the help of domain experts.
- Create and manage work breakdown structures (WBS) to be used for future efforts.
- Update the project plan on a daily basis, including deliverables, dependencies, assignments and outcomes.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects throughout their full lifecycle, from business analysis through project start up, execution, completion and wrap-up.
- Obtain approval on proposed scope and prioritization changes.
- Manage coordination and communication between internal (management, operations, finance, QA, cross-departmental etc.) as well as, external (vendors, clients etc.) stakeholders on assigned IT projects
- Prepare communication plan and project reports to key stakeholders to provide updates on activities and deliverables, as well as, significant changes, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings.
- Identify and manage overall project dependencies and ensure project deliverables stay on time and on target.
- Identify project risks and critical paths and manage mitigation process with relevant stakeholders.
- Follow development process and project management best practices and drive their continuous improvement.
- Identify, appropriately escalate, and ensure resolution of issues.
- Accomplish department and organization missions by completing related tasks as needed.
- Complete training and development requirements relevant to the function
- Other role related responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience, Technical and Non-Technical Skills -
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Project Management certification
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- At least 5 years’ experience of increasing project management responsibilities and successful project completions. Experience specific to software development is a big plus
- Familiarity with Life Sciences industry, preferably drug safety/regulatory/medical affairs
- Ability to demonstrate work experience by providing examples
- Expert skill in the use of Microsoft Project (what else?) for complex projects
- Ability to customize project management processes, tools, and templates as required for the project
- Positive attitude, focused and committed
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all departments and at all levels of the organization, including senior management, and strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to reconcile key stakeholder interests, conflicting priorities, and business strategy