Job Title: Production Planner & Scheduler
Client: Pharmaceutical Firm
Location: New York, USA
Salary: 60,000-70,000 USD
Visa Type: US Citizen, Green Card Holders Only
This position is an individual contributor role and a member of the Client
Plant Manufacturing Operations Team. The position reports to the Manager of Production
Planning and maybe matrixed to other functional leaders within Manufacturing Operations. The
overall objective of this position is to prepare and execute production plans, coordinate and
expedite the work flow across departments in conjunction with daily / weekly / monthly
production schedules, and solving day-to-day operational issues to facilitate delivery of the
overall manufacturing business plan. The typical and expected job duties for this position
include but are not limited to the following:
Production Planning and Scheduling
- Ensure delivery of daily production requirements to meet customer commitments.
- Create production schedule and align priorities with the right commercial requirements.
- Daily maintenance and management of the scheduling system daily to support the
- Ensure achievement of manufacturing commitments commitment versus delivery.
- Maintain the production schedule and other business reports as required.
- Analyze and prepare documents needed for production planning and execution.
- Plan for raw material availability in conjunction with procurement team and timely quality control (QC) releases.
- Follow-up, as required, with all teams to expedite the execution and documentation to
meet production schedule and customer expectations.
- Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material
- Interact with shop floor management, daily, to resolve issues regarding manufacturing
- plan execution.
- Identify and manage bottlenecks and capacity issues with the Production team as well as
coordinate internally and externally on the resolution of the issues.
- Provide support planning and execution of new launches.
- Develop and maintain capacity calculation of the plant based on product mix.
- Support review of new business opportunities.
- Major Challenges
- Managing the operational constraints for activities such as engineering, manufacturing
capacity, budgeted expenditure and plan efficiently to meet the market requirements.
- Cross-functional interactions and alignment to delivery of the overall plan.
- Internal interactions include but are not limited to: Human Resources (HR), Corporate
- Project Management (CPM), Production, Quality, Engineering & Facilities Maintenance,
- Supply Chain Management (SCM) Teams.
- External interactions include but are not limited to working with vendors, and other
contractors and business partners.
Key Metrics to Monitor and Achieve
- Commitment versus delivery “ 75-80%.
- Support execution of on-time launches for >80% of CPM projects.
- Key Decisions to be Made
- The individual performing this role is expected to make decisions regarding the
prioritization of production priorities based on the monthly plan agreed to by the key
- The individual performing this role is expected to participate in and make decisions
regarding potential new business opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum bachelor degree in business administration, operations management,
industrial engineering, pharmaceutical manufacturing or related field of study from an
- Master degree in industrial engineering, operations management, pharmaceutical
manufacturing or related field of study from an accredited college/university is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing operation and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient user of personal computer hardware and software applications such as
Microsoft Office tools, SAP, and other business applications.
- Must be able to influence decision-making and facilitate completion of work toward the achievement of the business plan and goals.
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency in the English language to include usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative with seeking additional training or
direction as needed.
- Must have strong organization and communication skills (written, verbal, and
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with strict