Job Title: Head, Bank Software Center
Client: Banking Institution
Reports to: Group Chief Information Officer(GCIO) & MD, eProcess
Department: Group Operations &Technology/ Technology
The Head, Bank Software Center is a member of the Group Technology Executive management team. The individual would be responsible for building and operating a software development and Innovation center, aligned with best practice standards. The individual taking up this role would be responsible for researching, planning, directing, and coordinating all activities associated with the designing, developing (or acquiring), testing and implementation of innovative, value driven solutions for the business across the enterprise.
The individual would drive and fulfil the requirements for setting up this organization; to have a software and innovation development structure that would enable the business meets its goals and objectives, making them competitive and agile in meeting the demand of their customers’ demands.
The Head, Bank Software Center will be the sole responsible individual for all software development and management activities across the group. The role would also combine Innovation best practices processes with the software development activities.
- Provides vision, planning and coordination of all software development / implementation activities
- Leads the execution on innovation
- Leads and guides the delivery of technology value propositions to the business
- Translate industry research into best and next practices for the organization
- Collect critical information and resources for ideas, innovation and creative problem solving
- Convert and back up ideas into value-driven technologies
- Establishes and adheres to best practice standards in software development
- Participate in the strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of software solutions
- Prioritize, budget and allocate projects, products, and resources in line with business priorities
- Save and optimize costs by developing innovative products and services
- Manage development teams, ensuring that work is delivered on time and within allocated budget.
- Define and deliver a product strategy that is in line with business strategic vision and goals
- Ensure sufficient processes and tools are in place to meet the requirements of the development process.
- Report on the productivity of the teams.
- Keep the development team on track, removing hindrance to work
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Ensure project requirements are well scoped, designed and built
- Serves as a thought leader on internal and external industry forums related to software
- A University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar position or role
- Industry background / consulting experience
- Strong background in modern software engineering practices
Skills, Capabilities & Direct attributes
- Good Object-Oriented, software analysis & design skills
- Knowledgeable in software delivery methodologies and processes (scrum, agile etc.)
- Very strong mentoring and interpersonal skills
- Should have a strong knowledge of disruptive technology
- Very strong leadership skills
- A track record in leading software development teams, delivering high quality results
- Agile leader, with a drive for continuously improving how things are done
- Communicative, open, creative and keen to take the initiative
- Experience in working for a software vendor would be a plus
- Good verbal and written English skills (French would be a bonus)