Job Title: Team Member, Forensic Investigations
Client: Banking Institution
Location: Nigeria / Other African Countries
Salary: Excellent Package + Benefits
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out computer and E-channels forensic examination functions to generate admissible evidence for court proceedings.
- Support the Legal Division and retainerships with evidence, responses to statement of claims, depositions, and affidavits for defending the Bank against allegations and suits over e-channel frauds on clients’ accounts.
- Carry out computer forensic seizure, analyses and technical support on requests coming from other divisional investigators, African country operations and affiliates
- Attend UATs, and proof of concept sessions to ensure information security risks are considered/mitigated in applications and systems before acquisition and deployment.
- Conduct prompt investigation of frauds and forgeries and customers’ complaints, process & services failures and other cases reported on Cards & other E-channel platforms; and ensure that the cases are dispensed within set deadlines.
- Conduct prompt investigation of breach of policy, procedures, regulatory policies and code of conduct for appropriate disciplinary action.
- Identify process inefficiencies, control weakness, and proffer relevant mitigating recommendations for management review, consideration and subsequent implementation
- Prepare reports of investigations and other activities for the review and subsequent action of the Head Forensic Investigation
- Generate and mine E-channel fraud data /MIS report to Head Forensic Investigation.
- Respond promptly to and cultivate effective liaison with other banks in relation to issues of frauds, customers’ complaints and other investigation matters for the purpose of containment of fraud losses and salvaging fraudulent funds
- Compilation and timely rendition of reports and returns e.g. Weekly Activity Report, Monthly Fraud and Forgeries Report, and other reports/returns as may be required by the Group Chief Internal Auditor.
- Effective liaison with the police to ensure prompt investigation and discharge of our cases including full recovery of all fraud losses, prosecution of the suspects and receipt of the relevant Police Reports for Insurance Claims. Attend court hearing sessions and represent the bank during court proceedings as a witness
- Issue Sensitization memos on the Learning Points arising from the various investigation cases.
- Maintain a complete database of all Fraud, Customer Complaints, Staff Disciplinary issues and other investigation cases of the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Forensic Investigation
- BSc. (Second Class Lower Division/2.2) in computer science, accounting, banking & Finance, and any related numerate fields
Previous Work Experience Requirements
- Banking and related industry experience in Audit/Investigation, IT Audit/ Control, IT security and Risk Management, & E-fraud Investigation.
Key Competency List
- Sound experience in the following key areas: Audit/Investigation, IT Audit/ Control, IT security and Risk Management, & E-fraud and forensic Investigation.
- Banking Operations, and internal controls.