Job Title: Head Corporate Banking & Cluster
Client: Financial Services Institution
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
- To ensure the overall supervision of the corporate bank business within the Cluster, by leading the sales/revenue momentum and relationship management as well as the respective Country CB Heads, through creation of streamlined processes, ensuring and improving the quality and efficiency of sales/service
- To implement within the Cluster the corporate Bank overall strategy addressed to Global, Regional Public Corporates Clients as well as Financial Institutions/International Customers.
Business Development & Implementation
- Identify and agree with the Group Head, Corporate Bank and the respective Managing Directors the annual revenue target for the cluster corporate bank business in line with the corporate bank overall assigned budget and working in coordination with the respective CB Group Heads.
- Identify and implement appropriate marketing strategies and business opportunities to achieve and exceed the assigned budget for the Cluster working with and leading directly the country CB Heads, RAMs & RBOs.
- Monitor the Cluster business per product lines such as Lending, Cash Management, Trade...as well as per Business segmentation (Global, Regional, Public Corporates...), profitability and other performance metrics set by the Group, Corporate Banking.
- Work jointly and proactively with the Corporate Banking Heads, RAMs, RBO, GAMs, Group Heads and Product partners to increase wallet share within the respective market of the Cluster and improve the Client’s facilities utilization.
- Ensure the maximization of the Cluster revenue by providing strong customer services/solutions/product package.
- Responsible for exceeding customers’ expectation across the Cluster
- Ensuring effective cross sell with product partners and specialists
- Work with Affiliate & Alliance team to develop the revenues from the Cluster Corporates Clients platform
- Conduct joint sales calls with CB Heads RAMs, RBOs, GAMs Group Heads and Product Partners to enhance business development opportunities by ensuring customers are sold a value proposition not just product.
People Management and Development
- Motivating and managing Country CB Heads, RAMS/RBOs (jointly with Group Head, CB) to generate business for new accounts and develop them to achieve consistent profitability through a clear process of target settings
- Ensure appropriate accounts allocation by Country CB Heads and RAMs (jointly with Group Head).
- Govern RAMs/RBOs with account strategies and account problem resolution
- Encourage and foster convenient working environment to enable RAMs/RBOs team to achieve and exceed budget through teamwork and operational efficiency
- Supervise and direct the team to deliver customer solutions including credit, treasury and transaction banking products.
- Conduct regular appraisals to review performance and address promotion, recruitment and recommendation for training of RAMs/RBOs, plus incentive/rewards awards
- On a quarterly basis review and approve CB Heads’ travel plan.
Process and Reporting
- Ensure credit risk transactions are appropriately approved with issue resolutions required.
- Conduct periodic strategy, surveys collate and analyze results, draft and implement action plans for sales.
- Identification and marketing strategies/opportunities that will assist in the sales process.
- Run monthly sales process, account planning and pipeline reporting
- Prepare reporting and financial returns as required with Finance partner
- Provide monthly sales updates to the GED including estimates revenues and customers migration/acquisition
The role implies
- Strategic understanding of the CB business and overall management of the network business
- Result focused and leadership driven:
- Bilingual speaking (English/French) is essential
- Frequent travelling and interaction with senor and Executive staff
The role contributes to
- To run the sale effort and represent the sales capabilities of the Bank
- To highlight areas of opportunity with existing customers for cross selling
- To be the escalation point for Corporate Banking
- To ensure performance standard on delivery
- To understand customer needs and to deliver customer satisfaction
- To build customer loyalty across the network
The role key measurable (not exclusive)
- Retain and grow customer revenues across value segmentation
- Improving customer level service quality
- Organize Corporate banking from a sales perspective
- Perform target setting and appraisals of CB Heads
Human Resources: Managing/supervising a team of CB Heads within the Cluster
Finance: Manage the CB Balance sheet Revenue of the Cluster
Others: Frequently in interaction with senior and Executive staff at global level
- At least 15 years banking experience.10 of which must be in sales/Client Relationship Management preferably in Wholesale/ Corporate Banking/Investment bank at a management level
- Ability to interact and negotiate with the client organization at the Regional decision-making level;
- Customer focused & Leadership driven;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in relevant languages to the accounts assigned;
- Ability to pull together various resources to sell and deliver customer solutions;
- Inclusive, flexible, internationally savvy and sensitive to client culture.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field of study. Ideally executive training records
- Leadership and people development skills are required, in order to develop and maintain effective working relationships both externally and internally with colleagues and direct reports
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills