Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Development
Industry: Information Technology
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
The Senior Manager, business development - plans, organizes and coordinates budgeted sales and marketing activities. Responsible for implementing sales and marketing strategies and plans, to achieve the targeted level of sales and customer expansion whilst ensuring profitability.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop annual sales strategy and business plan to drive business growth and the achievement of set goals including increasing sales, market share and profitability; cascade it down to quarterly and monthly sales operations plan
- Develop supporting implementation plans to drive the execution of strategies and business plan
- Develop integrated marketing strategies, product pricing and sales plans
- Lead market research, market analysis and competitive analysis in order to identify threats and opportunities and develop marketing plan and activities accordingly.
- Develop the sales and marketing division's budget in collaboration with finance
- Keep abreast of economic, industry, market and regulatory trends, ascertain their (potential) impact on the business and advice management accordingly; develop complementary strategies or initiatives to strengthen the company's market share position
- Develop strategies to expand the customer base and contribute to the development of the company's brand.
Sales & Marketing Management
- Drive and monitor the implementation of the sales and marketing strategy and take necessary actions to correct deviations
- Lead the execution of integrated marketing and sales campaigns
- Ensure all marketing strategies adhere to the company’s ethical code of conduct.
- Source and manage relationships with and evaluate the effectiveness of outsourced providers of marketing services.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities
- Lead the development and execution of product launches and related marketing initiatives
- Ensure adherence to the sales process in order to achieve market share gains within key customers segment.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval.
- Provide input on the company’s media, public relations and advertising initiatives
- Manage the division’s budget to achieve set targets whilst improving operations and customer service standards
- Monitor key performance indicators for the business; report periodically on the division’s activities as required
- Prospect for and identify new business opportunities
- Participate in business development activities throughout the market and SW region
- Work with the sales team to develop, negotiate and win long-term profitable and sustainable business.
- Lead negotiation for business deals; negotiate supply agreements
Team Leadership & Management
- Lead and manage the division's teams and their activities; manage performance
- Manage the sales force effectively to ensure that individual sales teams are meeting and exceeding specified targets
- Facilitate development; motivate, coach, develop and support staff
- Maintain contact with all clients and ensure high-level client satisfaction.
- Establish close business relationships with the clients' and act as a contract negotiator in transactions.
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Identify marketing opportunities via consumer requirements; continuous research to define market share, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecast projected business; establish target market share
- Sound knowledge of the IT industry, products and services
- Strategic planning & management
- Business development
- Sales and marketing management
- Relationship management
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Negotiation & persuasion
- Communication and presentation skills
- Analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Conflict management skills
- Mentoring & coaching Skills
- B.Sc/HND in Marketing or any other relevant discipline.
- MBA, Master’s Degree or professional qualification in a relevant field would be an added advantage
- 15 years sales management experience, with experience leading, motivating and managing staff
- Strong track record in selling to FSIs - Banks & also Telcos
- Knowledge of selling solutions and/or infrastructure will be an added advantage