Leads business planning. Builds strategic rather than transactional relationships. Understands how to move through the account management cycle effectively. Able to engage in executive level conversations. Manages account activity to expand wallet share. Can effectively manage in complex business. Consistently leverages alliance partnerships to drive the strategic plan. Consistently demonstrates alignment to organizational strategy to advance opportunities.
- Responsible for calling upon mid-market and large accounts end-users/OEMs and channels (distributors, contractors, integrators, and consultants) within a defined geographic territory focused within a specific Business Unit.
- Is the primary client liaison and is responsible for managing all aspects of the account management process including building awareness of products and solutions within a specific Business Unit.
- Identifies and develops quality opportunities; qualifications; evaluation; close; and account care using CRM.
- Drives revenue growth via new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within the channels.
- Develops and implements business plans that align with the account management strategy for the mid-market and locally significant accounts in an assigned area to drive revenue.
- Secures preference for Company products on discretionary business and specifications, and drives customer mind sets from products to solutions.
- Ensures that all generated business is referred back through chosen partners and this referred business is leveraged either directly or indirectly through the channel accounts to improve discretionary business through the channel.
- Responsible for revenue generation. Continuously scans for prospects to achieve new deals, expands offerings within the account, and populates account pipeline consistently and on a timely basis. Priority is to find accounts that meet the customer profile and which provide repeatable profitable business.
- Creates and qualifies opportunities: Assesses clients, including balance sheet and business health to determine feasibility of partnering. Identifies and aligns required resources for pursuit and future solution deployment, determines scope and nature of the opportunity to determine feasibility in pursuing the deal.
- Positions value propositions to meet customer needs and end-user business priorities; communicates key competitive advantages; works with others to ensure appropriate pricing; and manages the milestones essential for timely proposal delivery.
- Maintains opportunity momentum to expand opportunities: Capitalizes on early wins and customer satisfaction to expand business within the account within their Business unit or by introducing relevant Panduit account management teams.
- Documents account plans and forecasts: Develops strategies and plans for managing account pursuit activities; prioritizes and coordinates opportunity pursuit across multiple accounts to maintain a healthy account management funnel; and develops, communicates, and monitors forecasts to ensure accuracy.
- Builds client executive business relationships: Expands account penetration by building strong relationships and leveraging them to achieve exposure to business planning, Effectively and professionally articulates the solution proposal to resolve the priority issues of the client’s business.
- Cultivates and develops trusted advisor status: Ensures that product or service value propositions align and resolve customer needs, provides on-demand consultative advice, checks the accuracy and utility of recommendations and avoids making inaccurate statements.
- Aligns tactical activities to support strategic account management plans: Provides input to organizational planning, sets priorities and expectations; identifies and addresses opportunity or resource gaps; adjusts plans to local requirements and ensures alignment of all activities with upper management strategies, corporate direction, and goals. Effectively uses all resources. When required, manage any channel conflict that may arise as a result of trying to close business that occur via one of our channel partners.
- Has 5 to 7 years of outside account management capacity – functioned independently owning a portfolio
- Strong understanding of products/solutions within specific Business Unit, the competitive landscape, and how to effectively position Panduit to close deals. May include a variety of locations.
- Ability to penetrate various areas within an account with different solutions or offerings based on business need.
- Strong deal management ability to outline challenges to close an account and develops alternative solutions and resources to close.
- May have an expertise in a specific vertical.
- Has multiple touch points throughout an organization.
- Begins to build strategic maps of key stakeholders.
- Demonstrates understanding of organizational strategy and incorporates it into account management approach