Purpose of the Role:
- The candidates will be joining an existing team of Production Support Technicians based in the UK responsible for the smooth running of applications in a demanding transaction-processing environment.
- This position requires experience in supporting Production Applications ensuring the applications are providing Clients with the availability and performance expected in Financial Services. The applications have to be available 24/7 and adhere to strict compliance requirements.
- They will be part of a Level 2 team and responsible for restoring service when required within demanding SLAs which will require work outside of normal office hours.
- While staff must have strong technical skills they should also be capable of representing the team to Clients.
- Candidate must have extensive experience supporting Production Applications with high availability, compliance and performance requirements
- Good knowledge of Unix (preferably AIX), Linux, networking and SQL and experience in Unix scripting is required. Experience with SQL coding against Oracle is a must-have.
- Technical experience in two or more of the following required:
XML, JBOSS, WebSphere, WebLogic, internet technologies including web services, C, Java, code development, IBM Smart Cloud, ControlM.
Be jointly responsible for the production running of FIS EMEA application suites running in hosted environments
Identify, own and resolve system issues within SLAs, ensuring application availability and performance is in accordance with SLAs
Participate in infrastructure and customer projects where required, including the deployment and configuration of applications in
production and middleware product upgrades
Provide 2nd line support to Customer Service Analysts, and liaise with other business and technical functions
Use sound judgment to escalate serious issues and those that may jeopardize SLAs
Provide consultancy and advice to other business functions
Assure identified risks are addressed and compliance / audit requirements are dealt with
Write and maintain process documentation and suggest / drive process improvements
Maintain IT Operational procedures and policies
Maintain Disaster Recovery processes and procedures
Manage the Incident and Problem records in accordance with SLAs and ensure Service Requests, process improvement activities
and project deliverables progress as required
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
Candidate must have extensive experience supporting Production Applications with high availability, compliance and
performance requirements in a high pressure production environment, providing incident triage and resolution against tight
Experience of writing and maintaining internal facing documentation
Able to adapt to changes in a dynamic environment
Experience of working in financial services preferred
Experience working with ITIL preferred
Strong analytical and conceptual skills, an ability to deliver high quality work to tight timescales whilst under pressure and a
pragmatic approach to problem solving
Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
A sense of ownership of production issues with the drive necessary to resolve them, through immediate service restoration and
long term process improvement
Good knowledge of Unix, AIX or Linux required
Experience in Unix scripting required
Must be experienced at trouble shooting Online and Batch application issues
Technical experience in any of the following is desired:
XML, JBOSS, WebSphere, WebLogic, internet technologies including web services, C, Java, code development, IBM Smart Cloud,
ControlM, Windows, SQL.