Salary up to £55,000
An exciting opportunity for a qualified Project Accountant to join an International company who are growing and have a number of exciting projects.
This is a new permanent role in line with the growth of the company. The role requires an ambitious Project Accountant, to own all accounting for projects, producing reporting, forecasts, variances and updates to key stakeholders through high-quality reporting. You will be partnering with key members of the team and driving a portfolio of projects through development, construction and operations, management and maintenance.
The role will proactively support the management of all aspects of financial control and reporting to ensure projects are delivered within budget.
- Provide full accounting services to the Project Special Purpose Vehicle (SPVs) Entities and be the point of contact with key stakeholders for all financial reporting and accounting issues
- Supporting set up of project budgets and forecasts and track project performance with the appropriate reports
- Bookkeeping in accounting system including accounts payable and receivable
- Monitor and challenge project costs to ensure expenditure is in line with Grant awarded, including monitoring of internal activity via timesheets, approval of invoices and obtaining authorisation for additional costs
- Ensure costs incurred are correctly recorded (in the appropriate cost centre) to allow a smooth reclaim
- Educate and guide the team on identifying relevant project costs, accordingly
- Work with the External Accountants to generate the IAR for the Innovate Grant claim
- Build and monitor funds drawn down from the Project finance bank and track payment requests vs. funds received to ensure reconciliation between the ledgers and external finance
- Report and monitor key variances
- Submit VAT reclaims and monitor funds flow
- Reconcile Project bank accounts
- Manage timely supplier payments
- Ad-hoc support and assistance with the wider finance team and business
- Degree or an equivalent level of qualification in Finance/Accounting
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent)
- Proven experience within Project Accounting environment, managing multiple SPV entities in the construction or engineering industries would be desirable
- Experience with VAT and CIS
- Banking management (Project Finance)
- Experience of working in a start-up environment or SME would be desirable
- Self-motivated and structured in terms of processes and methodologies
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.